aberdeen-music

[GIG] Fiction/Action + Project Reno + 10 Easy Wishes + The Grace Emilys @ The Moorings Bar

Feb 17 - The Moorings Bar - Fudgenight, 8pm, 3

Fiction/Action + Project Reno + 10 Easy Wishes + The Grace Emilys

www.myspace.com/fictionaction

Fiction/Action were created as result of early eighties chemical engineering experiments carried out at the bequest of Thatchers Tory government. An experiment lasting just over twenty years was then carried out to see if four young men could survive an upbringing consisting of merely of wine gums, pasta, Buckfast, great British noisyguitarpop, milky tea and Penguin Classics. Designed to man a doomed attempt to reach Mars before either the Americans or the Russians, they escaped and now live in political exile in southern Sweden.

No, Fiction/Action are four young men from the frozen plains of North-East Scotland, motivated to make music in an attempt to prove that there is something north of Glasgow other than sheep. They hope their song with increase social awareness, political activity and dancing.

No, Fiction/Action was formed down a coal mine in Paisley in the late Victorian era and is today one of the most elusive secret societies in the country, so clandestine that even their own members doubt it's existence.

www.myspace.com/projectrenorock

Perth/Dundee based 'Project Reno' is the brainchild of 4 individuals with very different musical backgrounds (Radiotones, Tenesee Kait, Kessell Run & Boomhauer). All Fans of each others music we decided it could be fun to jam and see what might evolve. Mixing blues, acoustic rock, metal and the urge to always have the melodic vocal sitting at the top we give birth to a band called 'Project Reno'.

With a few gigs now under our belt, were ready to step up a gear and rock as many eardrums as possible.

www.myspace.com/10easywishes

We are 10 Easy Wishes and we have come to play for you! We have been a unit for several years and played countless shows in the UK and Europe, from Sheffield to the Shetland Isles and Birmingham to Brussels, touring with the likes of Dave House, Fickle Public and Tellison amongst others.

"Having mysteriously disappeared from the public eye for over a year, unknown forces have lured 10 Easy Wishes back from their secret hideaway and primed them to explode onstage once more! Barely out of their teens but with well over 100 europe-wide shows under their belts, 10 Easy Wishes produce a fresh, futuristic sound which simultaneously appeals to the pop fan and noise enthusiast alike. Gut-wrenching indie punk 'n' roll tendencies lay a solid foundation for cascading surf sounds, mangled blues chords and fuzzed up Moog lines!" - The Lemon Tree, March 2006

www.myspace.com/graceemilys

This how a label in Japan summed us up. Biographies are either boring or falsities anyhow, so you might as well enjoy getting lost in translation...

"As for [gureisuemirizu], in Scotland the most ambitious band. You produce music, you perform in order for you to back up that your own music. Although possessing the edge of the flat tire, always the pop delicacy you have praised, from the extent of such a music space, it is difficult to express [gureisuemirizu] this. If it tries inquiring about their tracks/trucks Animal which make The remember Shins, you will become sulky and the news item way being pure, vivid ardor, probably will certainly reach even in your heart. As for name of the band, those which are taken from the pub where it is in Australian, [aderedo] where Shaun of the guitar passed one year. Although it decides, the lever slipping, the name which you attach provisionally remained that way."

Thank you Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

The moorings gig was great fun, 10 easy wishes were immense! Very tight and hit every vocal harmony to perfection! :up: We were very surprised to be called back onto stage, shocked even, so as a small token gesture (for those interested) by way of thanks we're allowing our myspace songs to be downloaded for a limitted period of time - so if you want them get them quick!

Love F/A x

The moorings gig was great fun, 10 easy wishes were immense! Very tight and hit every vocal harmony to perfection! :up: We were very surprised to be called back onto stage, shocked even, so as a small token gesture (for those interested) by way of thanks we're allowing our myspace songs to be downloaded for a limitted period of time - so if you want them get them quick!

Love F/A x

I wish I'd seen this but I was possessed by the Scrumpy demon and have limited recall.

Guest idol_wild

Fiction/Action were the only band that held my attention span. And that's because they're a magnificent band. But they didn't play 'Red Read Red'.

When they clearly should have.

All the bands were good on the night.

Missed the start of the first band's set but the 3rd from last and 2nd last songs were decent enough. The last song was pretty poor though.

The wishes were great, I should really make an effort to see them more often. Hamish and the cat monster (I think that's what it was called) was superb.

Project Reno were very good in a 90s brit rock kind of way. Someone mentioned 3 Colours Red to me during their set and I could see why. Thankfully from my point of view I like 3 Colours Red.

Fiction Action were on great form. And by this point the crowd seemed to be loosening up / inebriated enough to join in the fun. A good end to the evenings proceedings and a pretty good night altogether. Highlight for me was when Brian played Mastodon between bands...

Guest idol_wild

I really enjoyed two of the Wishes's songs: the second one you played (no clue what it's called, but the chorus is awesome) and the last one (I think it's called "Kites"), with the nice pop vocal harmonies. Thumbs up for those two tracks.

Are there recordings of either of the songs on t'internet anywhere?