aberdeen-music

ray lamontagne

lepeep

did anyone else go and see him on tuesday night?

I thought it was superb, what a talent, amazing sound, wonderful band...fit a spectacular "grown up" gig.

he played a new song at the end, on his own, it was lovely...

It was slightly marred by two deen minkers talking infront of me all the way through the songs, and when I said "can you stop talking during the songs please" I got the usual "fuck off blah blah"...and they started acting like bigger pricks (clapping after a song, they'd say "be quiet, stop making a noise (etc)" then still talk through the set...(they did fuck off though, which was a relief, so the rest of us (not one peep out of the left wing of the upper floor) could enjoy the gig.

worth every penny...

and, when I was trying to find a parking space (ho ho), I saw Ray outside, and I peeped and waved at him... he he (NO....he didn't wave back)

aye

Ray and his band were pretty good, but I'm pretty sure that if he discovers Lem Sip his career will be fucked. His drummer played a kit around 40 years old with calf skins, he used his hands and various beaters and percussion, he was magnificent, as was the steel guitar guy and the gigantic chic on bass.

He played in Glasgow Concert Hall November 2005 for which I bought 6 tickets, thinking "I'll get folk to come to this". I arranged transport down and back to Glasgow, booked a half day off work, only managed to get 3 folk to come with me and didn't manage to sell the 2 spare tickets. This set me back around 80.

He then played a gig 5 minutes from my front door......for which I forgot to buy a ticket.

Heard it was great from my mate that was there.