aberdeen-music

grinderman video (nick cave)

lepeep

I wish Nick Cave would give up on this malarkey. I thought he'd grown out of his sweary anarchic period and I don't think this new material does him any favours, especially compared to his last three "proper" albums. Lovely noises though.

AKM

you should read the bumf on "grinderman", it's the "band (made up of 3 members of the bad seeds)" he'd asked (for the first time) to write new material with (instead of just presenting new songs to the bad seeds)...

so, "grinderman" actually wrote abatoir blues, it's just the rest of the bad seeds "polished" it up.

so, it's the same vein as abatoir blues, just a bit more stripped down, and I think it sounds grand.

I agree with AKMartin.

Dont get me wrong, I do like Cave, have a few of his cd's but compared to Mr Waits.........

I couldn't agree more, I love Tom Waits' stuff far more than anything Mr Cave has done, but that's not the point here is it?

(like, why listen to devin townsend, when all you have to do is put a condom on ingwe malmsteen's head.)