aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest onlynik

Please delete my account

hy is it necessary for people to make a big song and dance about getting their account deleted when a quiet PM would do? is it for attention and a swathe of other users to come rushing to their rescue and say we want them back? who cares, cos all the people who this refers to can't post here anyway!

/x

hy is it necessary for people to make a big song and dance about getting their account deleted when a quiet PM would do? is it for attention and a swathe of other users to come rushing to their rescue and say we want them back? who cares, cos all the people who this refers to can't post here anyway!

I suspect in most cases it's because if they post here then they can see confirmation that their account has been deleted. I can't reply to a PM confirming their account has been deleted because...er...their account has been deleted! And I'm too lazy to e-mail them. :p

surely when they try to log in the next time, it should say 'nae luck, bawbag' and they'd know :D

Heh. Fair point.

I might change the "access is denied" message to "nae luck, bawbag"...

do it!! i seem to be slowly developing offensive ideas for use on various areas of this website. that's two ace phrases so far! that being said, i can't remember what the other one was!

/x

How about a weekly raffle where you just delete some random's account for the hell of it?

That would be a better use of the "Nae luck bawbag message".

Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

/x

i agree, its so 'ooh ooh look at me i'm leaving this website' as you say who gives a shite? you can not post for months on here and no-one bats an eyelid!

i agree, its so 'ooh ooh look at me i'm leaving this website' as you say who gives a shite? you can not post for months on here and no-one bats an eyelid!

Wow - Del still walks the earth. I had assumed the worst. Cool.

aye del, it's a crazy place, this internet! and flash - the random deleted accounts idea would be damn funny! not if it was mine, mind you :D

/x

Guest Neutral
aye del, it's a crazy place, this internet! and flash - the random deleted accounts idea would be damn funny! not if it was mine, mind you :D

/x

It could encourage people to become supporters