aberdeen-music

Acoustic wanted

britheguy

Guest DustyDeviada

My advice, buy a Gibson J-45. I was thinking of selling mine a while back, but it's so great I just can't let it go, absolutely the best value Gibson available in my opinion.

Guest DustyDeviada

Yup, seems a bit suspect, maybe it's not in good condition or something, but worth checking out, factory fitted pickup too, wouldn't expect it to last long if it's genuine.

Yup, seems a bit suspect, maybe it's not in good condition or something, but worth checking out, factory fitted pickup too, wouldn't expect it to last long if it's genuine.

Bugger...I'm in Glasgow for the next day or so.

Anybody got the number of the D18? PM me if you have

cheers

Brian

Guest DustyDeviada

Dunno about the Taylors, looks nice enough.

I personally just don't like Taylors, I think they usually have bolt on necks don't they? Lots of people do though.

1100 for the J-45 at Peter Cook's which is where I bought mine 5 years ago. I was actually in London though so I got to test out a few first. Well worth it.

Guest DustyDeviada

Interesting article. I took my J-45 out for the first time in ages the other day and stuck some new strings on it. I was amazed at how good it sounded, couldn't remember it sounding that good before. So I started wondering "Could it be 'mellowing' and 'ageing' already?" It's a 2002 model, but maybe it is.

• 2 weeks later...