aberdeen-music

[GIG] Quack Quack + Mickel Mass + The Jannes Vander Wal Appreciation Society @ The Tunnels

chilli

imp are delighted to announce for the 1st time in Aberdeen, a Leeds band who are going

to abosolutely delight those in attendance:-

Quack Quack

Mickel Mass

& guest

Quack Quack

A fantastic three piece band from Leeds thats causing a BIG stir everywhere they play live. Comprising of bass, drums, plus keys & effects, featuring members, I Had An Inkling, Polaris & Bilge Pump. There Sound can loosly be described as CAN meets James Brown funk meets Gatchien.

"post-electro, post rock, post dance, post genre-defining noise to fast, pumping complicated dance music that shakes your body and gets you grinning like a maniac"

"If you remember the end of the CARIBOU set, you will smiling all the way home & beyond" mike imp

"jaw dropping awesome live band & even though they played in Jan 06, easily make my top 10 live events of the year" - KNOM London

All three members have played as part of Damo Suzuki's Network

http://www.myspace.com/thisisquackquack

Mickel Mass

Local Improvisors, pals of FAUST, Damo Suzuki etc play rare live set complimenting the headliners just MAYBE..... Just expect the unexpected

An absolute treasure.

http://www.myspace.com/mickelmass

http://www.myspace.com/interestingmusic

Oh sorry was it Musak that you were looking for! I'd better get the pan pipes out then...

Added to the line up is the mysteriously titled -

The Jannes Vander Wal Appreciation Society

listening to the sound clips below, we are delighted to have Mr JV Wal on board

& hope there is plenty of appreciation for his efforts of creating his musac

www.myspace.com/thejannesvanderwalappreciationsociety

;) ;) ;)

Oh sorry was it Musak that you were looking for! I'd better get the pan pipes out then...

only if its panpipes that can produce post-electro, post rock, post dance, post genre-defining noise to fast, pumping complicated dance music that shakes your body and gets you grinning like a maniac.............those very special ones

:woohoo:

I will be part of the Mickel Mass experience....look out for chesty coughs featuring predominantly:up:

glad to hear the Mickel Mass family are on the mend.......... we are well excited by the prospect of MM's set tonight.

In fact, I know it will be one of those fantastic nights again

I've seen you after football. Do you think you'll make it at all?

I can understand why you might think not, but I have a good recovery rate and use a technique called "the Mick Quinn warm down" to minimise the impact of the enormous stresses and strains my body goes through during a game.

What times are Mickel Mass and Quack Quack likely to be on? ?(

mickel mass about 9.15pm

quack quack about 1hour later

this was posted on quack quack's myspace after theior gig last night in Glasgow

Feb 6 2007 11:15AM

First time seen you guys last night for some of us, others it was their second time... either way we were all blown away.

Possibly the best gig I've been to.

Thanks for playing.

I can understand why you might think not, but I have a good recovery rate and use a technique called "the Mick Quinn warm down" to minimise the impact of the enormous stresses and strains my body goes through during a game.

I imagine I would use something similar. Not sorry I'm missing playing tonight in the freezin cal! See you later.

Guest bluesxman

Quack Quack were pretty darn great, glad I decided to pop along after practice despite high level of tiredness. A bizarre concoction of varying styles but it all hung together to make a very satisfying whole. Through the set there were parts that brought to mind Kraftwerk, Tortoise, Inspiral Carpets(???), Sunburned Hand Of The Man, Comets On Fire and some bizarre Arabic influenced post rock tune. And the occasional double drum kit action was immense. As if the drummer wasn't immense enough anyway. And the CD I bought is ace too.

Nice one IMP folks.

Old man! They're coming back. 31st March with some other bands whose names escape me but one them features Seb Roachford. A night for drummers, not exclusivley though.

a rare saturday night at the tunnels for imp, but this line up will be rather fine:-

Pit er Pat (Thrill Jockey)

Quack Quack

&

Fulborn Teversham

are the mindblowing new group of Seb Rochford, the extraordinarily in-demand and prolific drummer/composer. The line-up also includes Pete Wareham (Acoustic Ladyland, Polar Bear) on saxophone, Nick Ramm (Cinematic Orchestra, Clown Revisted) on keyboards, and vocalist Alice Grant (also with Leafcutter John). The group pursues a more eclectic, less overtly jazz direction than Polar Bear, incorporating elements of electronica, Henry Cow-style prog and post punk. With clever balancing of cosmic and acoustic sounds, Fulborn Teversham offer up an intimate and thrilling futuristic improvisational post-jazz, post-punk chamber music. Their debut album, 'Count Herbert II' is available now from Pickled Egg.