aberdeen-music

Rage Against The Machine to reform?

Untitled

Ratm

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Will Reunite For COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL - Jan. 21, 2007

Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

L.A. Times' sources say RAGE, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is BJRK, who topped the bill in 2002.

Ooh, that's going to be interesting. I notice that The Decemberists have higher billing than acts such as Placebo, Kings of Leon and Travis, as well as a host of other more established bands. Risk, favouritism or a sneaking suspicion they're going to make it really big this year? And when did Crowded House get back together?

I think Crowded House first got back together to play in honour of their deceased drummer (or was it the bassist, i'm no expert on the dadrock Kiwis). The Decemberists are on a major label now so i guess bigger things are expected of them this year, plus they got as heap of exposure from the stunt with that Colbert guy.

Well thats my good news of the day!

Now they are playing one show maybe it'll recindle the flame and we will see them return to blow our minds once more!

I can hope!

yeah my mate said the same thing that they might want to rejoin, but to be honest i hope they don't i think they split at the best time and left us with some incredible music

I think Crowded House first got back together to play in honour of their deceased drummer (or was it the bassist, i'm no expert on the dadrock Kiwis). The Decemberists are on a major label now so i guess bigger things are expected of them this year, plus they got as heap of exposure from the stunt with that Colbert guy.

Crowded House Hops On Reunion Bandwagon

Crowded House were never my favourite band, but they were certainly a great band on their own and the Finn brothers have done some amazing stuff either solo or in their respective bands.

Cheers

Stuart

I hope this will become a permanent reformation, it would seem a bit strange to reform for one show and make it a festival appearance.

I'd love to see Rage reform but they were one of those big 90's bands that were never really together long enough to do anything shit and embarassing as a lot of bands of their era have now done. I'd hate them to get back together and just be like Audioslave with rapping, they do have the potential to be absolutely lethal again though.