aberdeen-music

Custom Explorer for sale

HateEvent

No you tool, the chances are that drums weren't commonly mass produced in assembly-line factories back then. Are you fucking illiterate? How many times do you have to read my posts? Is this like a re-enactment of a Father Ted sketch? I am well aware that expensive equipment is superior to cheap equipment. I was wondering where people drew the line, and my question has been answered. How many fucking times do I need to make this statement? Is there no end to your stupidity? Would you like me to post pictures to help you understand my point?

Tut tut such language!

Do you know something Tam o' Wankie, I like when people have rants, I like better though when they get their facts right. Now I might missing something long the line, but your original question was;

'1000 pounds on a guitar...what on earth is the need for that?'

Nowhere in that sentence can I see you asking 'where people drew the line'

You even went on to say something along the lines of why pay 1000 quid, when someone else only pays 500...I'm not quoting you here you understand, as I can't be bothered going back through your posts to find out the exact words you bleetered.

However, since you have written the above post, people have actually told you how much they would limit their spending to.

In general, your initial attitude was one of ridicule that someone would want to spend a lot of money on a guitar. Well, that's their choice, and to give people their due, they tried to explain to you why they did this.

Have a nice day in your mouse hole of an office.

Poka!

Brian

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but it's behind the headstock, so not much contact there, should hopefully be OK.

I bumped into Slash just after I bought my other Les Paul, he signed the pickguard (which I haven't fitted), and I have had a coating put on that one.

LOL, Hiya Slash, fancy bumping into you in Garthdee!:laughing:

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Tut tut such language!

Do you know something Tam o' Wankie, I like when people have rants, I like better though when they get their facts right. Now I might missing something long the line, but your original question was;

'1000 pounds on a guitar...what on earth is the need for that?'

Nowhere in that sentence can I see you asking 'where people drew the line'

You even went on to say something along the lines of why pay 1000 quid, when someone else only pays 500...I'm not quoting you here you understand, as I can't be bothered going back through your posts to find out the exact words you bleetered.

However, since you have written the above post, people have actually told you how much they would limit their spending to.

In general, your initial attitude was one of ridicule that someone would want to spend a lot of money on a guitar. Well, that's their choice, and to give people their due, they tried to explain to you why they did this.

Have a nice day in your mouse hole of an office.

Poka!

Brian

Yes, I don't really like to swear when there are kids around, so I only let the curses fly when really stupid people test my patience with constant displays of idiocy. How witty of you to pun my name! Pretty rich coming from a child molester though. Thanks for analysing my post, but you'll have to keep brushing up on those reading skills. If you think I'm ridiculing you for buying expensive guitars you must have some sort of complex going on. I can't help it if you're going to get defensive about your spending habits, maybe you feel a little guilty for chasing after that dream tone when there are kids starving in africa, or perhaps it bothers you that even though you've got the hottest axe in town, nobody's listening except the neighbours and your ma saying "turn that racket aff and come doon for your tea" right in the middle of the Free Bird solo. Good on anybody who wants to spend thousands of pounds on their guitars, it's none of my business and no concern of mine. I'd rather spend what I need to on my own gear and focus on playing to people and getting my music recorded. Glad you liked my wee office (my boss says if I keep my head down I met get into one of the newer cubicles this year) but I've been spending more time at the gym lately to be honest. Here's a snap my girlfriend Sarah took after this morning's workout, I wrote a little message for you too:

middle%20finger%202002%20arnold%20expo.jpg

Yes, I don't really like to swear when there are kids around, so I only let the curses fly when really stupid people test my patience with constant displays of idiocy. How witty of you to pun my name! Pretty rich coming from a child molester though. Thanks for analysing my post, but you'll have to keep brushing up on those reading skills. If you think I'm ridiculing you for buying expensive guitars you must have some sort of complex going on. I can't help it if you're going to get defensive about your spending habits, maybe you feel a little guilty for chasing after that dream tone when there are kids starving in africa, or perhaps it bothers you that even though you've got the hottest axe in town, nobody's listening except the neighbours and your ma saying "turn that racket aff and come doon for your tea" right in the middle of the Free Bird solo. Good on anybody who wants to spend thousands of pounds on their guitars, it's none of my business and no concern of mine. I'd rather spend what I need to on my own gear and focus on playing to people and getting my music recorded. Glad you liked my wee office (my boss says if I keep my head down I met get into one of the newer cubicles this year) but I've been spending more time at the gym lately to be honest. Here's a snap my girlfriend Sarah took after this morning's workout, I wrote a little message for you too:

middle%20finger%202002%20arnold%20expo.jpg

Oh...if only I could play Free Bird it would all make sense. Well if nothing else you gave me a laugh. It was not my spending you were talking about though.

BTW, be carefull, if your head's down your arse is up....hey maybe your boss prefers that side of you. I'm sure you've walked through many African towns to make a comment like that. You are right though.

Anyway supper time.

Guest DustyDeviada
LOL, Hiya Slash, fancy bumping into you in Garthdee!:laughing:

Nah, both Slash and I have more sense than to hang around in Garthdee. ;)

It was at Heathrow airport, he did say to me "Dude, why do you have a Les Paul pickguard in an airport departure lounge?". Cue explanation about just having bought a Les Paul in LA, and a conversation with him about guitars, as Jester would say about Midge Ure/Roger Taylor/Fish etc, "Nice guy". ;)

Good on anybody who wants to spend thousands of pounds on their guitars, it's none of my business and no concern of mine. I'd rather spend what I need to on my own gear and focus on playing to people and getting my music recorded. Glad you liked my wee office (my boss says if I keep my head down I met get into one of the newer cubicles this year) but I've been spending more time at the gym lately to be honest.

I always wanted to go to the gym, but I could never justify the expense when doing situps in my living room is free :)

Out of curiosity, dont you enjoy playing music? I mean, you say "I spend what I need to", like your buying something to do just get a job done. I dunno, maybe music is your job, and you set out an annual budget for your gear only spending what you need to in order to maximise profits.

But what you're buying here, in 1000 worth of guitar, isn't a tool - its a hobby. Its what we do for pleasure. Given how little time we actually have here, making yourself happy is justification enough, and the budget for this necessity of life is whatevers left over after you've paid the mortgage, insurance etc.

1000 to never want to upgrade again is actually cheaper in the long run. Good justification :up:

Better justification than paying 500 for something I'm not entirely happy with - lifes too short :)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i refuse to write this again. i thought a 500 pound guitar was good enough. turns out that most people on this thread wouldn't be happy with it. yes i enjoy playing music, i enjoy writing it, recording it, performing it and whatever the hell else. I'm not a moron when it comes to 'tone' or sound, so why should I spend more than I need to on a drum, when I get a great sound already from my snare? You need to know how to play your chosen instrument whether it's a 20 quid 2nd hand squier strat or a 50,000 custom made guitar. i'm going to start reporting posts in a second

I've got a Gibson explorer, black with a white scratch plate (which of course I sprayed black about ten minutes after buying it).

Lovely guitar, bought for just under 700 about 7 years ago... Hetfield was (and still is) a total hero of mine, although I didn't go for one of his ESPlorer models.

How did you aquire yours Jimmer? (i.e. did you order it or buy it off someone else, etc)

I've got a Gibson explorer, black with a white scratch plate (which of course I sprayed black about ten minutes after buying it).

Lovely guitar, bought for just under 700 about 7 years ago... Hetfield was (and still is) a total hero of mine, although I didn't go for one of his ESPlorer models.

How did you aquire yours Jimmer? (i.e. did you order it or buy it off someone else, etc)

Being the ESP whore that I am, I tried to get an MX-250 (that is the model name for the Gibson styled (rounded) Explorer with the routing at the back in vintage white - think AJFA stylee! I couldn't locate a dealer that would ship to here (to get that guitar, I need to order it directly from a Japanese dealer or eBay) so gave up on that one unfortunately.

I then researched into how much Gibson would charge for a rear routed Explorer in vintage white and they told me that it'd be 5000 absolute minimum. No thanks!

I looked into independent luthiers to see who is respectable and such. My uncle had dealt with Jimmy Moon before and said that I should go with him as all the instruments he has built have been excellent. I checked out his site for examples and such then gave him an email asking if he'd be willing to build an Explorer.

After saying he would, I sent him my specs I'd want for it and got a quote. I went down to his shop (in Shawlands, Glasgow) to place the order with him. Kept in contact via email and popped in to see progress of the guitar a couple of times during the duration of the build process up until it was complete.

So yeah, in short, I ordered it. MY one off custom order. :up:

One day, I'll get an MX-220/250 in vintage white though. :D

You know, reading that story just makes me even more certain that you will regret selling it at some point.

Oh Dusty don't get me wrong I KNOW I'll regret selling it. As it is though, I can't really afford to (really comfortably) keep it, and rather have the Hanneman than the Explorer.

When I can afford to (comfortably), I'll have another Explorer. :up:

Being the ESP whore that I am, I tried to get an MX-250 (that is the model name for the Gibson styled (rounded) Explorer with the routing at the back in vintage white - think AJFA stylee! I couldn't locate a dealer that would ship to here (to get that guitar, I need to order it directly from a Japanese dealer or eBay) so gave up on that one unfortunately.

I then researched into how much Gibson would charge for a rear routed Explorer in vintage white and they told me that it'd be 5000 absolute minimum. No thanks!

I looked into independent luthiers to see who is respectable and such. My uncle had dealt with Jimmy Moon before and said that I should go with him as all the instruments he has built have been excellent. I checked out his site for examples and such then gave him an email asking if he'd be willing to build an Explorer.

After saying he would, I sent him my specs I'd want for it and got a quote. I went down to his shop (in Shawlands, Glasgow) to place the order with him. Kept in contact via email and popped in to see progress of the guitar a couple of times during the duration of the build process up until it was complete.

So yeah, in short, I ordered it. MY one off custom order. :up:

One day, I'll get an MX-220/250 in vintage white though. :D

It would be nice to order a one off. As I say I have a one off Moon guitar, but it was not built for me. Still nice though.:up:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...