aberdeen-music

New Kartta song uploaded! Yowza!

framheim

Cool tune, the keyboard part really adds alot to it. The vocal performance seems rather more subdued compared to seeing in live, not too much of a surprise I suppose. The guitar buildy uppy bit in the middle reminds me of Sister era Sonic Youth, which I've been trying to rip off at the moment.:rolleyes::p The drums are really well recorded too...

Guest idol_wild

I try to do that during live performances. It's a bit harder when you're singing along to an instrumental through big muff headphones in your bandmate's living room, though. :gringo:

Guest idol_wild
That is indeed what I mean, is it guitar trickery then?

Sort of; more studio trickery though. I think it's two of the guitar parts meshed and then played backwards. There's a steady one string delayed line throughtout the song, and it blends in nicely with that.

I just listened to all the tracks and **oh god your going to hate this** my mind filled with early "Marillion".....

Does anyone else hear it, or are you all lucky enough to have missed that particular pleasure...?

SORRY

G...

oh god, what with you comparing us to marillion and flash saying we reminded him of yes are we doomed forever to prog hell? :)

i guess there's *cringe* prog elements in there but that's more a product of our influences influences i'd imagine rather than our own. i've always been scared to listen to bands like rush and yes for fear that i'd really like it and turn into a prog monster.

i've always been scared to listen to bands like rush and yes for fear that i'd really like it and turn into a prog monster.

You really must give both bands a listen, I think if you Listen to yes in short doses they are a class act, with rush you have to be able to see past the helium induced vocals to hear a great rock band.