aberdeen-music

Getting Married again ..............

JenJen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Hey Hog, how come none of my wedding photos are used to promote your business? o_O

;)

As for the OP, just do whatever the hell you want, if you pander to your family you will regret it. I had various factions of my family arguing over various asects of our wedding, the guest list, the photograher etc.

In the end we just decided that it was our day and we should do what we want, turned out great.

Except the photographer. ;)

Hey Hog, how come none of my wedding photos are used to promote your business? o_O

;)

As for the OP, just do whatever the hell you want, if you pander to your family you will regret it. I had various factions of my family arguing over various asects of our wedding, the guest list, the photograher etc.

In the end we just decided that it was our day and we should do what we want, turned out great.

Except the photographer. ;)

Hehe,

I did have your pics on my site but once I started recieving 1204983409123 enquiries per day I just couldnt take on more work. Its not every day that I have the chance to photograph a famous alt-country star.

Having Mark Knopfler as best man was the icing on the cake.

althought it's not my personal viewpoint, i'm going to play devils advocate here. i'm not suer how old you are but i'm gonna guess from your presence on these boards that you're not that old. this is your second wedding and so family members may be concerned that already, this is becoming a little more common that they might like. you've probably got financial commitments of some kind (accommodation, car payments, etc.) and wedding sare expensive things so perhaps they'd rather you toned it down and focused more on keeping things ticking over. there's also the increasing levels of divorce which certainly appears to be changing peoples views of the value/longevity of marriage which sours the feelings of a lot of the older generations. who knows, just one though but either way, have a great day and best of luck for the future.

/x

Guest onlynik
I'm getting married in March - cant wait !!!

Get this though, because I've been married before, some "so called" friends are asking me if I should wear white and should I get married in a church because apparently I should get married in a regisrty office if its a second wedding.

What do you think? Should we be treated differently because we have been married before? Why is our wedding not seen to be so special?

I dont want to feel effected by other people's veiws but unfortunately I do - I want to walk down the aisle with my head held high - why should they look down on me because I have been married before?

This is going to be the most improtant wedding of my life - I wish the guests could treat it the same.

Any views?

Jennifer

Some ministers won't marry divorcees, henc ethe not marrying in a church, if you find one who'll marry you in a church, and that's what you want then so be it.

The only hypocrisy I see in that is if you don't regularly attend church and just use it when being married.

The only hypocrisy I see in that is if you don't regularly attend church and just use it when being married.

a combination of this and what lester talked about are just a couple of the numerous eamples of weddings nowadays being a bit of a sham. people are more concerned with how their wedding photos look than trying to adhere to any of the raditions of marriage. i'm not saying marriages nowadays have to be a religous extravaganza but, for example, why get married in a church if you're not religous. it does wind me up a bit more than it should.

/x

My wife is a believer, she didnt insist on our marriage being held in a church because she knew any vows I took during a church wedding service would involve me lying, so we got hitched at the registrar.......30yrs ago in May...:rockon:

I love the bitch more now than I did then, and would rather loose my legs than loose her...

She's my rock, my best mate, mother to my wonderful children and she makes a killer cup of tea... *honey is the kettle on* ... who needs a church wedding...? if both parties are not true believers its all for show... thats my opinion.

And as for white....who cares? it marks too easily and is a pain for the photographer (im on your side Hog).

G...

My wife is a believer, she didnt insist on our marriage being held in a church because she knew any vows I took during a church wedding service would involve me lying, so we got hitched at the registrar.......30yrs ago in May...:rockon:

I love the bitch more now than I did then, and would rather loose my legs than loose her...

She's my rock, my best mate, mother to my wonderful children and she makes a killer cup of tea... *honey is the kettle on* ... who needs a church wedding...? if both parties are not true believers its all for show... thats my opinion.

And as for white....who cares? it marks too easily and is a pain for the photographer (im on your side Hog).

G...

Great post Graeme - you're getting a star from me.

Good on ya!

Ps - I'm as lucky as you in the biyatch stakes too ;)

I was away to say the very same thing. I was always under the impression that white is worn to represent virginity hence I find it incredibly cheeky to wear a white dress when youre not.

Personally, Id say that you should wear cream (unless youre a virgin and I can only assume youre not if youve been married before). Its your own choice though.

My personal feelings on marriage is that it should be for life. I certainly don't plan to get married until I'm older, much more mature and am positive I want to spend my life with someone. I don't understand why so many people rush into it as imho it's not a commitment to be taken lightly.

Naturally, I wish you all the best and hope you have a great day :)

I think from reading your comment that you are not experienced enough to have a valid point. Come back to me in 20 years when you have found out that you can never tel what your future holds.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for your views guys.

After reading all your comments I have to say that I am a Christian, I have found a minister who will marry us in a church, I have three children so unless I'm Mary then you can draw your own conclusions on the virignity question and I can thankfully afford whatever kind of wedding I want.

For those of you who have a great marriage which has lasted since time began and you are very happy then I wish you all the happiness in the future and have so much respect for you.

For those who think that marriage is for life, well thats what I thought the first time, I wanted it to last for ever but you never know what's around the corner and just because my marriage failed does that mean that I cannot celebrate my second wedding in the style I wish?

Thanks to those of you who said that its up to me how I get married - this, I feel, is the kindest comment but sadly only covers about 10% of comments left on this thread.

Go away with this thought .......................... are any of us qualified to judge other's actions if the actions themselves are not hurting or effecting anyone?

Guest DustyDeviada

Given that marriage involves two people I'm afraid there's no way that you can guarantee that it will last forever, no matter how committed you are. If your spouse wants out there's not a lot you can do about it at the end of the day.

Given that marriage involves two people I'm afraid there's no way that you can guarantee that it will last forever, no matter how committed you are. If your spouse wants out there's not a lot you can do about it at the end of the day.

Exactly - so why should people blame me when my ex is in South East Asia with a new wife and doesnt contact or pay for his kids? Two people make a marriage - I agree.