aberdeen-music

Getting Married again ..............

JenJen

I'm getting married in March - cant wait !!!

Get this though, because I've been married before, some "so called" friends are asking me if I should wear white and should I get married in a church because apparently I should get married in a regisrty office if its a second wedding.

What do you think? Should we be treated differently because we have been married before? Why is our wedding not seen to be so special?

I dont want to feel effected by other people's veiws but unfortunately I do - I want to walk down the aisle with my head held high - why should they look down on me because I have been married before?

This is going to be the most improtant wedding of my life - I wish the guests could treat it the same.

Any views?

Jennifer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting married in March - cant wait !!!

Get this though, because I've been married before, some "so called" friends are asking me if I should wear white and should I get married in a church because apparently I should get married in a regisrty office if its a second wedding.

What do you think? Should we be treated differently because we have been married before? Why is our wedding not seen to be so special?

I dont want to feel effected by other people's veiws but unfortunately I do - I want to walk down the aisle with my head held high - why should they look down on me because I have been married before?

This is going to be the most improtant wedding of my life - I wish the guests could treat it the same.

Any views?

Jennifer

I agree entirely with Dayeth (including the quote - which is of "Hello" magazine brilliance :up: )

If your friends are not prepared to wish you well, then they're not really true friends are they ???

If it's what you and your partner want, then it's got Sweet FA to do with them and their opinions are meaningless o_O

Anyhoo - Amy and I will see you on Wednesday - she's been practicing like a mad wee thing :rockon:

:kiss:

What can be done to subdue the sickly sway of feminine values? How can we silence the interminable whining of feminism's sob-sisters? In a nutshell : Woman must be put back in her place. Man's great error was to put woman on a pedestal, when she is far more at ease on her knees - where she belongs. The only way to subdue female values is by subduing the female herself. Woman must be reaquainted with truth through force.

Since woman is above all an emotional creature, appeals to her "intellect" are worthless. She must be shown in no uncertain terms the absolute nature of the master / slave relationship endemic to the sexes. What plainer way to demonstrate this relationship than the simple act of rape? This primary act reveals beyond a reasonable doubt certain irrefutable verities : Man is taller, woman is smaller. Man is strong, woman is weak. Man is a master, woman is not.

The ritual we now call marriage originated as abduction, rape and enslavement. In those happy-go-lucky days ones rights were not mere abstractions based on legislation, but rather the outcome of what could be imposed by physical force alone. Force was recognised as truth in action.

What can be done to subdue the sickly sway of feminine values? How can we silence the interminable whining of feminism's sob-sisters? In a nutshell : Woman must be put back in her place. Man's great error was to put woman on a pedestal, when she is far more at ease on her knees - where she belongs. The only way to subdue female values is by subduing the female herself. Woman must be reaquainted with truth through force.

Since woman is above all an emotional creature, appeals to her "intellect" are worthless. She must be shown in no uncertain terms the absolute nature of the master / slave relationship endemic to the sexes. What plainer way to demonstrate this relationship than the simple act of rape? This primary act reveals beyond a reasonable doubt certain irrefutable verities : Man is taller, woman is smaller. Man is strong, woman is weak. Man is a master, woman is not.

The ritual we now call marriage originated as abduction, rape and enslavement. In those happy-go-lucky days ones rights were not mere abstractions based on legislation, but rather the outcome of what could be imposed by physical force alone. Force was recognised as truth in action.

Where did you copy and paste that from?

i'm sat here trying to think of something witty to reply to this, but tbh it's witty enough without my input.

Could be a way of Stripey wishing you all the best for the future.

... some "so called" friends are asking me if I should wear white and should I get married in a church because apparently I should get married in a regisrty office if its a second wedding.

Is it possible that they're ultra-religious and take your previous vows of a "till death do you part" ilk very seriously? And what's with all these heathens using our kirks just for a pretty backdrop for their wedding photies ? [Hog's proved you don't need that :love: ]

BTW that wasn't intended to insult your own spiritual values: you may well be a god-fearing lass for all I know :devil:

But like the general consensus, do what you want and have fun on your special day :kiss:

Shaky ground - maybe "death" has already parted them? Oooh, theres a solution - quick axe-blow to the skull of your previous partner, and your "friends" will have no more grounds for complaint!

On the other hand, you could just tell them to fuck off and do what makes you hapy.

Murder vs Honesty - the choice is yours!

Jennifer

For your friends' argument to be valid, I take it then you were a virgin the first time you walked up the aisle? Otherwise, I guess technically speaking you didn't qualify to wear the virginal white dress the first time round either.

Is it possible that they're ultra-religious and take your previous vows of a "till death do you part" ilk very seriously? And what's with all these heathens using our kirks just for a pretty backdrop for their wedding photies ? [Hog's proved you don't need that :love: ]

I'd be interested to know Jennifer if your family are of a particular religion indeed.

I'd be interested to know Jennifer if your family are of a particular religion indeed.

The twist in the tale is, I'm the religious one - I was baptised when I was 17 through my choice, I have also spent many years teaching children in Sunday school. I, sadly have not been to church since I came to Aberdeenshire (4 yars ago) because I was so used to the church I had attended since the age of 11 that I have yet to pluck up the courage to join a new congregation.

My family, however, are not religious. They are not coming from a religious corner, they simply feel let down by me because my marriage failed. I have two sisters and one brother who each are still in thier first marriage - they are seen to be doing the right thing- they have cracked it and I have let the family down. For this reason, without taking religion into the argument, they feel that I should have a "second class" wedding if you like.