aberdeen-music

Nausea - Cybergod

David Insurrection

Well what can you say about Nausea? Crust really at its most powerful and exciting. And no one in this particular genre has proved their match. Before or since. Just incredible.

Check out their webpage here: NAUSEAPUNK.NET

The Punk Terrorist Anthology Volumes 1 and 2 are available through either Alternative Tentacles or Black Noise Records.

Alternative Tentacles - Store

BLACKNOISE RECORDINGS

nausea have a great sound. great message and are very important to me.

I have both punk anthology volumes 1 and 2, shame on people on this board for not knowing who nausea are. I guess thats the ignorant aberdeen public for you

Why do you assume that people on here dont know who Nausea are? And if they dont they are ignorant? I bet most people on this board could name a band that they loved and were very important to them that you dont know, does this make you part of the ignorant public?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
shame on people on this board for not knowing who nausea are. I guess thats the ignorant aberdeen public for you

*yellow card*

Uh-oh, Rune again. I know who Nausea are, unfortunately. I have the Disrupt/Nausea split LP (limited to 189 copies, geeks) and the Nausea side will never be played again. Plodding, metallic borecore that Profane Existence types go a bundle on for reasons which escape me. Seriously, I have no idea why they are so highly hailed in some quarters, to me it's the antithesis of punk. And I've no intention of offending Dave here, I just didn't like the way you took a collective pop at everyone about it.

I know who Nausea are, unfortunately. I have the Disrupt/Nausea split LP (limited to 189 copies, geeks) and the Nausea side will never be played again. Plodding, metallic borecore that Profane Existence types go a bundle on for reasons which escape me. Seriously, I have no idea why they are so highly hailed in some quarters, to me it's the antithesis of punk.

Granted it's all a matter of opinion. Hell, think most of the acts you rate are appalling. Just a damn noise as far as I'm concerned. But like I said, each to their own. That said, I cannot understand why you believe Nausea the antithesis of punk. Their commitment to the scene and to its politics is without question. And during their period of existence played a quite pivotal role, inspiring many, not only in NYC, but across the United States and beyond, standard bearers of a more politically focused US punk community. And really, while they may not do much for you, you gotta recognise this important fact. And man, all you've heard is a live boot. Suggest you go check out full length Extinction, or pick up The Punk Terrorist Anthologies Volumes 1 or 2.

Why do you assume that people on here dont know who Nausea are? And if they dont they are ignorant? I bet most people on this board could name a band that they loved and were very important to them that you dont know, does this make you part of the ignorant public?

Then why does 99% of his posts get zero replies unless people are challenged like i have done?

*yellow card*

Uh-oh, Rune again. I know who Nausea are, unfortunately. I have the Disrupt/Nausea split LP (limited to 189 copies, geeks) and the Nausea side will never be played again. Plodding, metallic borecore that Profane Existence types go a bundle on for reasons which escape me. Seriously, I have no idea why they are so highly hailed in some quarters, to me it's the antithesis of punk. And I've no intention of offending Dave here, I just didn't like the way you took a collective pop at everyone about it.

Come on though most of nestors threads dont get a response, i sometimes feel getting a response from this board very difficult, surely it doesnt have to end up with someone getting upset to draw attention and get a response?

Come on though most of nestors threads dont get a response, i sometimes feel getting a response from this board very difficult, surely it doesnt have to end up with someone getting upset to draw attention and get a response?

Then surely you should visit a site which caters for your musical needs?

In rune's defence, I do understand his surprise, perhaps disappointment, regarding how a topic of this nature may illicit so few if any responses. After all, there are those here who do dig this particular punk sub-genre, who have made it along to shows that feature such bands, and really I gotta say that I'm quite perplexed as to their choosing not to post on threads of this kind. And there have been many. And elitism has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Disappointed is all.

And regarding his point 'bout getting folks attention? The man is quite right as has been proven by the number of responses.

And if I can return to Jake's comments regarding Nausea, plodding they were not. Suggest you go listen to tracks such as Butchers or Godless.

I've heard and owned the anthology and thought it was average at best to be honest but then what would i know , im not part of the elite fucking punk crew.

Rune . . . . . Get a life.

i will ask again, why post because i have shown emotion on this subject and not for the good of the thread?

Then surely you should visit a site which caters for your musical needs?

Why be so narrow minded and subjective when music is an experience? And thats coming from the person who created the thread if certain people on this board listened to more genres. Speak what you preach

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And man, all you've heard is a live boot. Suggest you go check out full length Extinction, or pick up The Punk Terrorist Anthologies Volumes 1 or 2.

Sorry Dave, should have mentioned I also have the split w/Extinction Of Mankind and nope, Nausea just didn't impress me at all. It's just bad metal to my ears and politics mean less to me as the years go by.

I like Nausea, but not that much, they're not as crusty as most d-beat that I like (on that note, I don't even rate Discharge/Hellkrusher/Hellstorm/Nailbiter/Doom all THAT much, just a bit). As for not replying in every thread of Dave's, well, sometimes I don't feel the need to simply "yeah, I like them." just fo the sake of a reply.

Best thing about Nausea I reckon is their tour report of the early 90's european tour that was in Profane Existence.

I like Nausea, but not that much, they're not as crusty as most d-beat that I like (on that note, I don't even rate Discharge/Hellkrusher/Hellstorm/Nailbiter/Doom all THAT much, just a bit). As for not replying in every thread of Dave's, well, sometimes I don't feel the need to simply "yeah, I like them." just fo the sake of a reply.

Best thing about Nausea I reckon is their tour report of the early 90's european tour that was in Profane Existence.

A fine report indeed.

Um... regarding responding to threads of this kind, then sure, doing so may seem a lil pointless if only to say you dig whatever band or radio project I may be talking about. Just a little disappointed was all, but point taken. But hey, we got a lil discussion going on here.

Got Misery - The Early Years a few years vback, was okay. Nothing too special I thought.

As for as slower more metal crust goes, you should check out Counterblast from Sweden. They're amazing. Did a tour with Scatha or Sedition, can't remember which.

Ain't heard The Early Years disc, but do have the NextTime/Who's The Fool CD released through PE, and while track Next Time is just awesome, much of the rest of the material doesn't do a whole lot for me. At least not today. It ain't bad, but there isn't much to get excited about.

Counterblast? They did indeed play out with Scatha, though gotta say that they're not a band I know very well. Should say, like I said elsewhere, have lost interest in most acts of this kind, somewhat disillusioned with the scene - at least with most of those folks kicking out shit today. Sticking with the oldies by and large, plus checking out some new and related sounds. But hey, thanks for the recommendation.

Guest bluesxman
Then why does 99% of his posts get zero replies unless people are challenged like i have done?

Maybe because people may already be aware that The Ruts, Penetration and a host of other punk bands have released material and they may be like me and own some of it already or basically not care as they don't like that music and have no comment to make?

Maybe because people may already be aware that The Ruts, Penetration and a host of other punk bands have released material and they may be like me and own some of it already or basically not care as they don't like that music and have no comment to make?

To more clearly understand rune's comment, you must go read my third post. Said "In rune's defence, I do understand his surprise, perhaps disappointment, regarding how a topic of this nature may illicit so few if any responses. After all, there are those here who do dig this particular punk sub-genre, who have made it along to shows that feature such bands, and really I gotta say that I'm quite perplexed as to their choosing not to post on threads of this kind. And there have been many." Was talking 'bout those attached to the anarcho crust punk community. Said nothing about Penetration or The Ruts. Besides, those threads did indeed illicit some responses.

But anyway, had thought this matter closed. Teabags' point was fair, and do understand, though I gotta say that rune's intervention did prompt some welcome discussion.

Guest bluesxman
To more clearly understand rune's comment, you must go read my third post. Said "In rune's defence, I do understand his surprise, perhaps disappointment, regarding how a topic of this nature may illicit so few if any responses. After all, there are those here who do dig this particular punk sub-genre, who have made it along to shows that feature such bands, and really I gotta say that I'm quite perplexed as to their choosing not to post on threads of this kind. And there have been many." Was talking 'bout those attached to the anarcho crust punk community. Said nothing about Penetration or The Ruts. Besides, those threads did indeed illicit some responses.

But anyway, had thought this matter closed. Teabags' point was fair, and do understand, though I gotta say that rune's intervention did prompt some welcome discussion.

Wasn't having a go at your posts, people can post what they feel necessary. He whinged about people not posting on your threads, plural, not that one specificallyand I offered a possible reason.