aberdeen-music

Lost

Guest Craig C

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise up, you pussy! ;):p

For anyone interested, here's an apparent spoiler for the season finale. I for one, hope it's not true:

Episode 322 FINALE "THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS"

The finale is full of action, a few deaths -- and that huge twist I mentioned earlier.

First, the deaths. A bunch of Others get killed when they try to raid the camp. This includes Friendly, who Sawyer shoots in cold blood -- and also the other new tough guy Other (I think his name is Price) who gets run over by Hurley in the van.

And Charlie FINALLY dies. Thank god. I've always thought he was one of the weaker characters and his death has been threated in so many episodes its about time it finally happened. He unblocks the jamming signal in the underwater station but drowns when Mikhail uses a grenade to blow it up, killing them both. It's a cool death for Charlie. Maybe cooler than he deserves.

Another big moment is when an old favorite of the show returns. Locke is just about to kill himself in the Dharma grave pit that he fell into after Ben shot him when he hears a voice telling him not to. He looks up to see...WALT!! Walt helps him out of the pit and then disappears. No sign of Michael, and there's no explanation about where Walt has been or what happened to him or Michael.

Locke then makes it to the Radio Tower -- and gets there in time to kill Naomi just before she makes the rescue call. He throws a knife straight into her back. Jack can't understand what Locke is doing and tells him that he'll have to shoot him to stop him from making the call himself. Locke threatens to kill Jack, but then backs down.

Jack makes the rescue call -- and someone on the other end answers. The story on the island ends with help on the way. Or maybe not. Ben has told Jack that Naomi and her people aren't who they say they are -- and just before he dies, Charlie sees a transmission in the underwater hatch from Desmond's Penny -- who, contrary to what Naomi has said, denies that she knows Naomi at all!!

But the HUGE TWIST of the episode -- in fact, probably the huge twist of the entire series -- happens in the flashback. They start by showing that Jack is totally Smurfed up. He's popping pills and suicidal. The first flashback shows him about to kill himself by jumping off a bridge -- only a car accident nearby causes him to stop, and instead of killing himself he fins himself helping the accident victims.

But he keeps spiraling. He sees his ex-wife at the hospital -- she's pregnant with another man's child. He goes to a funeral of a person that we never discover, but whoever it is, his (or her) death rocks Jack hard. He steals drugs from the hospital and is caught by the new doctor in charge.

And all the time, he's constantly on the phone desperately trying to contact somebody. And the last scene shows us who...he goes to meet the mystery person, and it's the last person on earth we would think...it's KATE!

And it's now that we realize that for the first time in Lost history, we haven't been watching a flashback. We've been watching a FLASH-FORWARD!

Yep, that's right. THEY ACTUALLY SHOW THAT JACK AND KATE MAKE IT OFF THE ISLAND. For some reason, this has been the cause of Jack's spiral. He tells Kate they have to go back to the island. She refuses and drives away. The show finishes with Jack screaming "We have to go back!!"

It's a bold move by the writer's no doubt, but I'm not sure if it will pay off entirely. It raises many other questions -- how did they get off the island, did anyone else get off the island, who stayed behind -- but on a show that has been all about our heroes trying to get back home, its kind of disappointing to know that Jack and Kate actually return to the mainland and that they could stay there if they want.

I think it's pretty unlikely...

I mean, killing someone with the hippie van?!

Guest DustyDeviada

No, watched a couple after that as well, I think the last episode I watched was the one when they found the camper van.

I just got fed up with it, they kept coming up with new wierd stuff all the time, too many questions, not enough answers.

Too many good TV shows, not enough time, and Lost just isn't as good as the other stuff I'm watching like The Sopranos, The Shield, Prison Break, Entourage etc.

No, watched a couple after that as well, I think the last episode I watched was the one when they found the camper van.

I just got fed up with it, they kept coming up with new wierd stuff all the time, too many questions, not enough answers.

Too many good TV shows, not enough time, and Lost just isn't as good as the other stuff I'm watching like The Sopranos, The Shield, Prison Break, Entourage etc.

Yeh, fair enough, it's one of those love it or hate it kind of shows.

What's entourage? I heard some stuff about it but didn't really understand what it was about.

Guest DustyDeviada
Yeh, fair enough, it's one of those love it or hate it kind of shows.

What's entourage? I heard some stuff about it but didn't really understand what it was about.

Well, I wouldn't say I loved it or hated it, enjoyed the first season, stick with it for season 2, but just fed up with it not going anywhere.

Entourage is ace. Produced by HBO, ie the guys that make The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Oz etc.

It's about a guy who becomes a big Hollywood star, and his mates who hang around with him. Really good show.

That was amazing, but utterly mental. I have no idea how they're going to start the next series.

Sayid is pretty much a super hero, he notched up my best kill of the series, what a move. Not enough Sawyer in that episode though.

The only way I can think it's going to start in the next series is that the bit with Jack and Kate at the end was actually one of Desmond's flashes and he's about to tear it up to the radio tower to stop the rescue, there's another two series left and it'll be shit if they are all about them after they leave the Island. That episode answered pretty much nothing about all the weird coincidences or what The Island really is, so I'm guessing it'll be staying on the island.

God, I am NOT waiting for Season 4, I must insist we have it now.

This contains spoilers, I can't be bothered tagging them.

Biggest shame about that finale was that I was JUST beginning to like Charlie, MOMENTS before he drowns ...but I really do hope he did drown and doesnt swim out the hole like I would have. I was pretty sure it would be Post-Island Jack we were seeing there, was less sure when he mentioned his Father... and the fact his stubble was grey, but his beard was brown. Was a truly feel good moment when Hurley saved the day then radioed Jack, I think I would have been happy if they ended the program forever at that very moment.

Quite a weird ending, but I can't see them fobbing off the end as one of Desmonds flashbacks, especially considing he saw about 10 different scenes from that era throughout those two episodes.

I think another possibility is that Jack and Kate will get to leave the Island with a couple of others (probably Claire judging by Desmond's flash), and the guilt of leaving them is what has sent Jack off the rails, and he's going to have to try and get back to the Island to save them.

There's 48 more episodes till the end, and if they are all set post-rescue and all The Island stuff is abandonded I'll be raging.

I think another possibility is that Jack and Kate will get to leave the Island with a couple of others (probably Claire judging by Desmond's flash), and the guilt of leaving them is what has sent Jack off the rails, and he's going to have to try and get back to the Island to save them.

Good theory, one of the other islanders that is allowed to leave must be the person died, that Jack read about in the paper and went to the Funeral parlour for, whoever it was Kate obviously didn't care about them, maybe Juliette?. Also, I get the impression that Kate was living with Sawyer when she said "he'll be wondering where I am", or whatever. ALSO, if Jack and Claire are amongst a handful of people rescued they might realise they are half brother/sister.

I'm still a bit confused about the bit when Jack said "bring my Father down here, and if i'm drunker than he is, you can fire me".

The only way I can think it's going to start in the next series is that the bit with Jack and Kate at the end was actually one of Desmond's flashes and he's about to tear it up to the radio tower to stop the rescue, there's another two series left and it'll be shit if they are all about them after they leave the Island. That episode answered pretty much nothing about all the weird coincidences or what The Island really is, so I'm guessing it'll be staying on the island.

The weird coincidences I think are just a nifty thing they inserted, with no story really behind it.

I'm still a bit confused about the bit when Jack said "bring my Father down here, and if i'm drunker than he is, you can fire me".

The island can cure the sick faster... can it bring the dead back?

We seen one of the 'Others' being shot dead on the beach by Julliette a few episodes back, in the last episode he was back.

We seen in the first couple of episodes in Season 1 that Jack's dead dad was missing from the coffin, he then seen him walking about. We put that down to exhaustation but now.. he must be alive!

Makes you wonder how far they can take it. Charlie, Boon, Shannon, Eko, and a few other folk died. Will they be coming back?

I'm pretty sure the writers made Jack say that, to throw doubt amongst the fans until it returns. It'll probably turn out that Jack was just wasted and talking bollocks.

Yeh thats what I was thinking. I'm also pretty sure they've put the appearance of Jack's Dad, Dave the mental patient, Kate's horse etc, down to apparations caused by the island, they were definately not real.