aberdeen-music

Bands to look out for!

nhoj

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was assuming it was about who were on the way up, so I chose local bands who have attracted non-local attention, and other bands who are on the rise. My local list isn't my 'favourite local bands' list. My favourites would include Spike Piledriver, Welfare Mothers, Holy Folks etc

I'm assuming I'm in the 'has-been' category, but I should really be in the 'never-was'.:up:

Guest idol_wild

I think Lorenzo Snow Collective are a local band everyone should make the effort to check out in some capacity.

As for signed, The Organ are probable relative unknowns on this website. Pity they've recently split up after just one album! Bitches.

Oh of course and the hogsters emotional yet melodic side project of acoustic tunes:

Your calling me emo! hehe:up:

In no order of importance...

local..

Kitchen Cynics

Black Matter

Midnight Noise Collective

Ry Walker

Holy Folks

Sidca

Spike Pile Driver

SOM

Dis-ease

I cant count.

Established...

Ulver

Strapping Young Lad

Jesu

The Devin Townsend Band

Frantic Bleep

• 3 weeks later...

For an interesting band for those who like indie stylings, we heard a dutch band called A Day's Work this weekend playing at the Marillion Convention, they were rather nice: www.myspace.com/adayswork Great stage prescence and a great vibe, well recommended, a good band for someone to try and get if they tour over here - much better than the other prog supports at the gigs.

Cheers

Stuart

i actually have to agree with the first post enrapture are probably aberdeens best metal/metalcore band at the moment along with we shall be blessed and well...my minds weapon seem to be doing things and making waves

Easy there...you might want to be careful I mean your post is vague on wether you actually like MMW or not. That's just to be safe huh? I mean you can't be seen on here to be acknowledging the fact that we are doing ok for ourselves can you. That would just be very un-Aberdeen-music.com wouldn't it?

www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon for all the happenings in our world...and there's a few ;)