aberdeen-music

New ESP models announced!

HateEvent

This is for the U.S. market. All of these guitars will be available in the UK.

It's the Export models I'm looking forward to (the models not available to the U.S.) being unveiled.

Here are some of the new ones:

ESP Max Cavalera AX (also available as LTD 600)

max.jpg

LTD Static 600 (Wayne Static sig)

static-600.jpg

LTD JH-600 with Kahler Hybrid Trem (the JH-200 now comes with a kahler too)

jh-600.jpg

LTD Alexi-200 (available in white and black)

alexi-200_WHT.jpg

ESP Will Adler (Lamb Of God) Eclipse (also available as LTD-600)

will.jpg

LTD FX-400 (spalted maple top) (also available as LTD-260)

fx-400.jpg

LTD PB-500 (potbelly shape, used to be ESP Original Series only)

pb-400_STBS.jpg

ESP Custom Series Horizon Custom (the main thing with this - and also with the LTD Horizon line - is that the headstock has been changed. It is now a mix of the F series and EC series headstocks)

horizon_custom_VA.jpg

Now this one is cool - ESP KH-20 (20th anniversary KH-2 with a flame top!)

KH-20_big.jpg

There is also a GL-20 (George Lynch 20th anniversary).

Urban Camo has been rereleased in the USA as the Urban Camo Jeff Hanneman sig is now available to them aswell.

Stephen Carpenter's Green 7 string is now available.

The Vintage Plus series is also available (they are basically Strats).

There is also a V series for LTDs now aswell. V-500 and V-200 being the options. They are basically just the old Dave Mustaine models (DV-200 and DV-8R) but without the signature and first fret 8-ball inlay.

Some of the models which were not previously available in the U.S. but were available here (M-I NT) are now available there aswell.

Gus G (the guitarist from Firewind) has a signature RS (Random Star) which was available here since 2005, it's now available everywhere and there is also an LTD-600 version of it too.

Other than that, it's mostly new colours for lots of the previous models on offer.

I'm pretty impressed with what they are putting out for 2007, but it's, as I said before, the Export Series stuff I'm really up for! That's the good stuff!

:up:

SPAMMER!!

:laughing:

I almost bought a Kirk sig ESP when i got my first guitar. I sometimes regret not buying it

I almost bought a Jeff Hanneman MS-320 (the black 2002 model with kahler trem) but ended up going for a KH-2 Neck Thru. They are brilliant guitars, you wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be disappointed if you ended up going for one :up:

What kind of stuff are you expecting from the export models that's getting you wet with anticipation?

The Export line is just always really great for what they come out with to be honest. It's hard to expect stuff as they're alot more hush hush regarding what their plans are.

I'm thinking they will put out a V Standard with a floyd (they should if not!). The SV-280 and SV-320 - the SV shape being very similar to a Jackson Rhoads - is being made available as an Original Series in Japan, so we'll see if they put that out here too.

It's just really a case of waiting it out and seeing what they come up with now, but usually the stuff in the export catalogue is the droolworthy material when there are no customers in the shop :D

Just to add: The KH-20 has some interesting specs that other Kirk models don't have - Sperzel machineheads, an ebony fretboard, obviously the flamed maple top and also the skulls for the inlays are different, look a bit more evil :)

Not sure you can generalise like that. I have 2 Tokais, one feels absolutely great, the other is average at best. Same with all Fenders really, it depends. Besides, arent LTD's different?

Of course you can generalise like that!

I've had two sandwiches which were great.

I've had two nights sleep that have been rubbish.

I've had two train journeys which have been late.

And so forth.

Guest inc18457
Of course you can generalise like that!

I've had two sandwiches which were great.

I've had two nights sleep that have been rubbish.

I've had two train journeys which have been late.

And so forth.

you're nowhere near as funny as you think you are, ace. :up:

Not sure you can generalise like that. I have 2 Tokais, one feels absolutely great, the other is average at best. Same with all Fenders really, it depends. Besides, arent LTD's different?

Every guitar is individual but it's like everything else, when looking to buy a new one you have to go on your own experiences and those of people you know. I've had two ESPs which were great, so I'd be inclined to buy one again and recommend them to other people.

Not sure what you mean by different with regards to LTDs. They're just the "budget" range by ESP. Made in slightly cheaper countries and with cheaper components. Most are still great guitars.

Any word on who Dave Mustaine has moved to?

Dean. :D

Let's stir things up a bit -

Yes you may look really cool playing these guitars. But how does the neck feel? How well are they built? Does the resonance feel good? Isn't that actually more important than a flashy shape or colour?

The neck on my KH is my favourite neck by far. Very fast' date=' great shape. Not too thin - like I find some Ibanez necks to be - but not huge either (personal preference ofcourse, but I think they have it pretty much spot on).

Quality of construction, materials and attention to detail on my KH-2NT (I'll use this for reference as it's the only ESP I have at hand currently (I do have another coming but can't really use it for reference)) surpass any Gibson I've played. I've played lots of Gibsons. I use Gibson as an example as they're *supposedly* up there regarding quality. Basically, the overall build quality on the KH (which is a custom shop model right enough) is astonishing.

This specific one doesn't acoustically resonate as much as some guitars I've played. That - I believe - is very much due to the fact it has a Floyd Rose. Lotsa wood taken out so not the same depth when unplugged. It does have a great tone when plugged in though. Alder body with maple neck thru - similar to a strat but with a bit more brightness and midrange (due to more maple). Sounds great to my ears basically!

You're right, these things are infinity more important than visual characteristics - the way I think about it: what does it matter what your guitar looks like when recording an album?! - but that said, the ESPs I've played/owned definitely do the job with regards to everything I need sonically. :up:

Besides, arent LTD's different?

I'm not totally sure what you're getting at? The LTDs being different to ESPs?

Consider it like this:

Gibson is to Epiphone as ESP is to LTD.

The LTD 400 series are very good guitars, as are the 600 series signature models. I'd much rather pay 700ish for an LTD than the same (or there abouts) for a Gibson Studio or a USA Standard Strat or whatever.

LTD 400 series and the Tokai Love Rocks I have played (700/800 were the prices of the Tokai models) are about on a par with one another regarding the quality of construction.

Hope that's cleared things up ;)

I'd say that the ESP (superstrats in particular) are designed to be extremely useable guitars.

Ok, some of them are a bit fancy, and they've usually got horrible humbuckers in them (in my sweet oppinion that is), but they're basically trusty guitar shapes but built for speed.

'Course, if you don't play metal/heavy rock/punk, there's really no point in buying one, but everyone already knew that.