aberdeen-music

Contact for ID card

Camie

Guest Neutral
Thanks for that

The majority of nightclubs and bars only accept provisional licences or passports

The passport doesn't even have to be in date most of the time as long as there is a likeness.

a lot more likely to accept it than one of those cards i'd have thought

Pass Scheme

As you can see the scheme is supported by the home office so I would've thought that they did, as well as that, I've seen the PASS logo in a lot of places(although I admit the majority were shops and supermarkets).

I think it's a bit crap how the majority of clubs won't accept this but I guess it's their rules.

Pass Scheme

As you can see the scheme is supported by the home office so I would've thought that they did, as well as that, I've seen the PASS logo in a lot of places(although I admit the majority were shops and supermarkets).

I think it's a bit crap how the majority of clubs won't accept this but I guess it's their rules.

Thing is, there's so many different cards bearing the logo that training your average idiot to recognise them all might be easier said than done. It's simply considerably safer to restrict it to driving licences and passports, especially as staff can be trained to spot fakes on those two items.

Supermarket staff generally won't accept those PASS cards either - even if they say they do, most staff will have been given dire warnings about selling to underagers and therefore won't accept anything that they don't know is definitely genuine. I can safely say that if I was working in a supermarket, I wouldn't accept the PASS cards as there's simply too much types and variation - is it really worth getting fined and sacked for?

As for the home office - John Reid's comments say it all ;)