aberdeen-music

Bass Player Required for Metal band.

HairyScaryMark

We have been writing music for over a year now, unfortuatnly our bass player left to go to Glasgow a while a go and haven't found a suitable replacement, yet.

Influces vary throughout the band but include

Stratovarius, Yes, Dream Theater, Paradise Lost, HIM, Avenged Sevenfold, Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, System of a Down....

The best description I could give of the band is:

Low Melodic Vocals, heavy guitar riffs, atmopheric keyboard pads, dynamic drums and lacking a bass player.

Hard to pigeon hole the band into a specific style. We have qualities of power metal, prog, gothic rock and classic rock.

I believe we are one of the few metal bands in Aberdeen with a keyboard player, if not the only. We also have a number of harmonised dual lead guitar riffs.

There is a guitar solo in every song and a dual keyboard/guitar solo in one song. I would like to see some bass solos also.

We have approxomately 7 songs written so far. 4 of them would be completely finished at the addition of bass parts. Our songs are commonly between 4 -8 minutes long.

The lineup is as follows

Chris Moore - vocals, ocasional guitar riff (mainly for writing purposes)

Mark Chalmers - keyboard, lead guitar, backing vocals

John Williamson - guitar, backing vocals,

Chris Cowie - drums

Any questions? just ask.

Also, a potential difficulty or advantage is.... We practice in at one of our houses in Westhill with a monitoring setup. An Ashdown bass amp can be provided.

How long are you playing and where & when I can hear you?

I am not 100% sure what you mean by 'how long are you playing'? I will try to answer anyhow

We have around 40-45 minutes worth of material. A new song which will probably end up being around 8 minutes long is also currently being worked on. Also planning on adding an intro (maybe overture) to out set and various introductions to songs. There is enough material to gig with currently but we need a bass player before we gig. We do however plan to write more songs than we need so we can make sure there is enough consistancy (or possibly variation) between songs on a CD or simply to pick out the strongest material.

I have been playing piano for something like 12 years, only about 1 1/2 years seriosuly. Playing guitar for about 5 years. The rest of the band have been playing for around the 5 year mark also.

I started jamming with John about 4 1/2 years a go, Cowie about 3 years a go and Chris M over 1 year a go. Our previous projects never really got very far but this one is very promising.

If you are interested in hearing us, the best idea would be to come along to one of our practices. It is sometimes hard to get the entire band to come into town for a night out on the same day but I can attempt that if you wish to meet the band next week.

Guest I, Toppy Like Smudge

Yo guys n gals,

I play rhythm guitar in the band.

What i'm looking for in a bassist is the ability to spin 360 degrees whilst drinking Hobgoblin. If you can do that, yer in!

Peace.