aberdeen-music

Team Spoonie and Pete's Readathon Forum

Spoonie

i don't have long legs...but i have nice hair and awesome tattoos.

you certainly do have awesome tattoos. I'm not sure about the Calvin Klein top. Can you be the company secretary and wear trendy label clothes?

Still, as an English student you should be able to sort out my spelling and know the correct use of flying commas (') and whether the i goes before the e or not.

you get my vote just 'cos your tattoos are, as you say, awesome.

Pete

inthehills

you certainly do have awesome tattoos. I'm not sure about the Calvin Klein top. Can you be the company secretary and wear trendy label clothes?

Still, as an English student you should be able to sort out my spelling and know the correct use of flying commas (') and whether the i goes before the e or not.

you get my vote just 'cos your tattoos are, as you say, awesome.

Pete

inthehills

haha, that calvin klein top doesn't belong to me! honest! i was only wearing to air the tattoo anyway. and besides, i don't think there's a photo of my newest one in the galleries...that would totally over-ride the woefulness of me wearing a CK top.

http://www.redhotandbluetattoo.co.uk/root/images/zoom/QFYEMQ/viewsize/pict0006.jpg

on a book related note, i'm currently on William Burrough's 'Naked Lunch'. I've tried to get into it a few times before to no avail, but now it's on my course i'm having another crack at it. Hope to be finished it by the end of the weekend.

holding down that shift button and pressing the letter at the same time? i mean, multi-tasking is all good and well, but it takes so much time. better to do one thing at a time.

I'm just kidding. It depends how lazy I'm feeling.

As for Sophie's World, it's been a few years since I read the book but I'm pretty sure everything clears up as you go along. I'm now putting it on my re-reading list that I intend to start on once i'm finished with Burroughs and Capote.

• 1 month later...

I've just finished the book of lights and I was very impressed.

Good call who ever suggested it.

It is very readable once you are in to it. You wouldn't think that the life of a guy who is training to be a rabbi and then gets sent out to be a chaplin just after the Korean war would be captivating, but it was.

Anyone tried his other books? Are they any good?

Pete

inthehills

Anyone else done Dispatches?

Its not the normal thing I'd read, but it was ok. He'd taken a scatter gun approach to the war, jumping back and forwards with no real threat to link it all the storys other than the all encompassing war. I suppose that's how it was in real life.

Pete

inthehills.

PS I'm running out of book ideas. More suggestions please.

Suggestions:

Alasdair Gray - Lanark

Anything by Ian Banks, I'd start with The Wasp Factory or The Bridge

and you can never go wrong with some Haruki Murakami!

Cool! thanks tattoo'd secretary babe! ;-)

I'll check out Gray and Murakami, but I've already done most of Ian Banks and his alter ego Ian M. I really like the culture ship names in the Ian M books. Deep with double meanings.

Pete

inthehills

PS. If I like these, you realise that I'll back with more requests!