aberdeen-music

whats all this then?

Bobby

Guest TheOffice

Hello All

The office bar has been open for over a year and concentrates on being a relaxed chilled out bar we host an open mic night every Tuesday.

We have just opened upstairs (the boardroom) and are looking to eventually run it as a purely "live act" venue, we are looking for bands, soloists and comedians.

Aberdeen is great for rock music, which we also support, but lets give the Aberdeen public more choice!!!!

We are hoping to host, blues, jazz, folk and rock nights, and hopefully a regular comedy evening.

What are your thoughts on a Sunday afternoon jam session like they used to when it was villas and shenanigans?

If any of you want to swing past to have a look at the venue and offer your services you are more than welcome.

Guest TheOffice
I believe I'll be in The Office for work related drinks on thursday night. I think there's a rather large group of us going.

I'll give it a scout when I'm there.

Is the boardroom area open for a look or am I able to ask at the bar?

Ask for Shelly or Mark and we will take you upstairs to have a look :up:

Guest TheOffice

thankyou very much!!8-)

all you have to do is ask , anyone welcome to have a look upstairs

ask for mark or shelly

thankyou for your comments, just trying to make a nice "ned free" venue with a bit of variety, we will make the odd mistake or two, and learn from them ,but we all have one goal..... more live entertainment in Aberdeen................ when bands stop letting us down!!

lol, nature of the business!!

Guest DustyDeviada

Well, I don't know about the legality of showing live SPL or Premiership games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, but I welcome it anyway.

Might not be a good idea to advertise is on your website in any case.

not an issue

we hold all the correct licences , the problem is if you DONT have the licenses

a few bars have been in court ,the legitimate ones have won and the errr dodgy ones

havent!!

time sky got their head out of the clouds!! if you excuse the pun:laughing:

more and more legitimate systems will come into to britain if they dont stop ripping off

bars and clubs!!!

sky 1800 per month and 3000 for premiership plus!!!! go figure!

Guest DustyDeviada

Nice one. I was in The Highlander before Christmas watching the Premiership on a Saturday afternoon and the place was rammed. I wanted to go to your place instead as there would have been room to move but you guys weren't showing all the games apparently, maybe worth thinking about.

yeah cool, bill has the same system in the highlander

i have to admit i tend to show man utd, newcastle and middlesbrough games out of first choice , only because thats what the majority of my customers want and we are "rammed" on saturdays when they are showing

huge north east of england crowd up here in aberdeen!!

and me the solo man utd supporter lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheOffice
what about promoters? are you guys interested in renting out the boardroom to promoters to put on gigs and if so, who have i got to speak to about that?

me or mark, come in and introduce yourself. the only thing we dont want is under 18's nights, and we like to avoid bad male stripping!! lol!!