aberdeen-music

SOM name change?

Chi 666

i wouldnt mind a 'made up' band name.

that makes me think.... was pantera just made up? if not, doers anyone know what it means.

Got this from Wikipedia.com

The name Pantera, which is a word for "panther" in many Romance languages, may refer to:

The De Tomaso Pantera automobile.

The Lockheed Martin Pantera, an export version of the Sniper XR targeting pod for tactical bombers.

The Zeos Pantera computer.

The Pantera foundation in Netherlands, a reception center for big cats

A reference to a Talmudic tradition that the biological father of Jesus was a Roman soldier named Pantera or Pandira (ben Pandira means "son of Pantera").[1], see Historicity of Jesus.

Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera, a Roman soldier of the Cohors I Sagittariorum, buried in Bingen, Germany

Pantera, a 1980s/1990s heavy metal band.

maybe we should call ourselves

"gofuckyourselfyoudumbshit"

i wish stayover had fuctoff, right after their first gig.

least they got out there and played!!

stop fucking moaning and choose a fucking name!! at the end of the day you could be called anything cause people listen to music when they buy a cd, not sit at home and read the name of the artist over and over again!!!

too close to that kalm soon or whatever they used to be called

one of the worst bands i ever seen in aberdeen

could be appropriate.............

Guest inc18457

i like violator, isnt that John Leguizamo's character from spawn?

think that was the vindicator, but i could be wrong. i watched that film about 6 months ago...and remembered how godawful it was.

stop fucking moaning and choose a fucking name!! at the end of the day you could be called anything cause people listen to music when they buy a cd, not sit at home and read the name of the artist over and over again!!!

ok.. thats getting pretty bitchy.

i just started this thread for a bit of FUN, a name change might be in the works or we might just keep the same name i just wanted to know what the fine people on aberdeen music might think.

Guest inc18457
i just wanted to know what the fine people on aberdeen music might think.

why on earth would you want to do that?! have you not been on here long enough to realise that ANY discussion about ANY band pretty much always descends into petty arguments?

for the record i think you should probably stick with SOM, even though in my opnion it's an awful name. it's what you've been known as for however long and will only confuse people if you intend to keep any of the same songs / carry on in a similar vein.

why on earth would you want to do that?! have you not been on here long enough to realise that ANY discussion about ANY band pretty much always descends into petty arguments?

for the record i think you should probably stick with SOM, even though in my opnion it's an awful name. it's what you've been known as for however long and will only confuse people if you intend to keep any of the same songs / carry on in a similar vein.

You should take a leaf out of Onion Terror's book and nab the name of horse from that episode of the Day Today (assuming that is where Onion Terror's name comes from). I don't know if Two Headed Sex Beast is available, but perhaps it would suit you lot.

Guest inc18457
You should take a leaf out of Onion Terror's book and nab the name of horse from that episode of the Day Today (assuming that is where Onion Terror's name comes from). I don't know if Two Headed Sex Beast is available, but perhaps it would suit you lot.

i'll take it under advisement. can't promise anything, cuz that's a shit name too.

Nope. I have NEVER used two accounts.

Well not at the same time. You have used other people's accounts to post when you've been banned in the past. But I guess that's just being picky.

Anyway to cut off any idle speculation, having checked the IP histories it's unlikely that they are the same person. Yes I was bored enough to bother doing that...

Just because I used the same word as that person. Jesus Christ!!!

Plus, lets face it, I'm not shy to say what the hell I want using my own account so...go figure :)

I was only taking the piss. You're writing styles and 'scathing' wit are similar too. That is all, case closed (i'm satisfied)

uhm, did you not read a couple of posts before you said that "we're playing tonight"

also, i'd rather play once/twice every two months rather than play my town to death like some

bands i could mention.

uhm, did you not read a couple of posts before you said that "we're playing tonight"

also, i'd rather play once/twice every two months rather than play my town to death like some

bands i could mention.

could be appropriate? so your lumping us with some of 'the worst bands in aberdeen'. well, thats not what you used to say to our faces when we played gigs with you.

Your joking right?

I don't get why that would be a joke. The most a band should play (in one place) is once a month. Less is more.

That's not to say on rare occasions they can't do more than 1 gig in a month, if the right gig comes along. But if a band is playing 3 or 4 times a month reguarly in the same place then they're playing too much and (usually) the number of people going to see them will drop.