aberdeen-music

SOM name change?

Chi 666

fuck.... its gone. i thought of a fucking awesome name in the car, it just popped out if my head when i sat down. motherfucking thought stealing golem that lives in my inner ear.

ah well, just found this: Metal Band Name Generator

theres some crackers in there like. "feast of slime" - classic.

HATE RABBIT - that one LITERALLY had me clutching my sides trying not to fall off my seat.

In my experience, it's very difficult to come up with a good name for a heavy metal band.

Take two I was in for example: one was named after a Megadeth song and one was named after a village near Newcastle (with slightly different pronounciation).

Keep Staue of Misery with the fact that at least a handful people will be willing to turn up at yer shows without hearing your tunes.

Everyone knows my opinions on the bands name. But with regards to the Msery part thats the best bit. Dour we are a bit dour, musically and lyrically. :up:

ace

fit aboot these ? carnal sin - Synonyms from Thesaurus.com

carnal sin, or original sin. we're all born sinners, to me thats an awesome notion.

its like: "in the eyes of god, everyone is born evil"

why fight it?

btw guys, i've got a list of names i found relating to certain subjects that i wont go into just now. i'll take it to practice the morn (if i remember. bry, i'll pm it as i know you wont be there.)

No offence meant here Baldy, but you're always up for doing things in theory, but when it comes to getting it done, it never seems to get done! Get y'self a life coach or something. You know what I'm like for ruthless efficiency, don't think my blood pressure could take being in a band with you again. I've been waiting months for a visit from you just for a piss-up!

Marsh Dweller is a great name, right enough. Maybe one day............

4-5 songs, done and dusted. I reckon we could do it. I have a keyboard and a laptop, you have a bass......................

Finding a cool - but not too mainstream - song title would be good.

Machine Head - name of a Deep Purple album.

See how easy it is :up:

machine head! noice, lets just hope its not taken! (sorry, couldnae resist)

p.s, i think element 106 is one of the best metal band names i've ever heard! i typed it into google one day and found out what it means, affa clivver :up:

i have a few good ideas which i'll keep to myself for now, till i'ev spoken to the guys. then post em up.

cheers for all useful posts so far peeps. (did i really just say peeps?)

Sarcophagus (Nile song)

Impossible Brutality (Kreator song)

Bitter Piece (Slayer song)

Eyes of Wrath (Testament song)

Those are some cool ones :)

They are cool ones right there, good tunes too, especiallyy Sarcophagus and Impossible brutality. Love that tune)!!

KEEP EM ALL COMING!! :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
4-5 songs, done and dusted. I reckon we could do it. I have a keyboard and a laptop, you have a bass......................

I don't, Kirk's still got it. We could do it, but are we going to?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I have a bass effect in my guitar pedal.

Are we going to? Yes, lets:up:

That should do it.

I'll leave arranging it up to you, I'm not chasing you up anymore, you little tart.

Continuing with this SOng names by other bands, i looked through my Ipod last night. I came up with these:

Trojan Whore (Pig Destroyer)

Adeste Infidelis (Crytopsy)

Suicide Terror (Although it is Terrorist i thought terro sounded better. Kreator)

Unchallanged Hate (Napalm Death)

Savage Massiah (Arch Enemy)

And whilst lookin through Autopsy i thought of Impending Brutality or Impending Death!!

Nothing like some Gore infuenced grincore to keep you awake on a lonely Nightshift!! :up: