aberdeen-music

laptop backlight

soundian

Will be a complete replacement I'm afraid...

After spending quite a while on the internet researching this, I'm going to have to mostly disagree with you. It may turn out that there are no suitable replacement parts available, but if there is replacing the ccfl or the inverter is an easy job for a competent technician.

After spending quite a while on the internet researching this, I'm going to have to mostly disagree with you. It may turn out that there are no suitable replacement parts available, but if there is replacing the ccfl or the inverter is an easy job for a competent technician.

Have to agree with Alvin on this. In my experience you'll have to get the whole screen replaced regardless.

Guest Neutral
Cheers Chris, I think NEP is the one I spotted today and it's only a few minutes walk away so that'll be my first port of call.

Any more decent shops? Anyone?

Logic Computers in elgin, not sure if they do laptop screens though, I never shop anywhere else for computer parts

The guys at NEP are usually pretty helpful, although when I checked my old laptop in for a similar problem I did find I had to phone them up and remind them they said they'd get back to me several days before, which was a pain. They charged me bare minimum for checking it over having told me it'd need the screen replaced, threw in a TV out cable for me to use while I got a new laptop sorted too.