aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
soundian

laptop backlight

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get the backlight repaired on a laptop.

Obviously since it's probably only the bulb that's gone I don't want someone who's gonna take one look and go *sucks in air through teeth*"You'll need to replace the entire screen, that'll be pricey" .

It's a TFT screen so it should be easy enough to fix. I've never had to get a computer repaired before so I'm looking for recommendations for good shops, or where to avoid.

Guest Neutral
Will be a complete replacement I'm afraid...

Yeh, laptops are a complete cunt to get fixed

Im sticking to desktops

Will be a complete replacement I'm afraid...

After spending quite a while on the internet researching this, I'm going to have to mostly disagree with you. It may turn out that there are no suitable replacement parts available, but if there is replacing the ccfl or the inverter is an easy job for a competent technician.

After spending quite a while on the internet researching this, I'm going to have to mostly disagree with you. It may turn out that there are no suitable replacement parts available, but if there is replacing the ccfl or the inverter is an easy job for a competent technician.

Have to agree with Alvin on this. In my experience you'll have to get the whole screen replaced regardless.

Cheers Chris, I think NEP is the one I spotted today and it's only a few minutes walk away so that'll be my first port of call.

Any more decent shops? Anyone?

Guest Neutral
Cheers Chris, I think NEP is the one I spotted today and it's only a few minutes walk away so that'll be my first port of call.

Any more decent shops? Anyone?

Logic Computers in elgin, not sure if they do laptop screens though, I never shop anywhere else for computer parts

The guys at NEP are usually pretty helpful, although when I checked my old laptop in for a similar problem I did find I had to phone them up and remind them they said they'd get back to me several days before, which was a pain. They charged me bare minimum for checking it over having told me it'd need the screen replaced, threw in a TV out cable for me to use while I got a new laptop sorted too.

Look up instructions on the internet and do it yourself.

I've had a good search, which is why I'm confident the screen can be fixed rather than just junked, but I'd prefer someone experienced to take the risk of causing more damage and/or ordering the wrong part.