aberdeen-music

Educational Novels?

Guest Neutral

I can't think of any off the top of my head but after I read "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman, (A fantasy trilogy for teenagers requiring a bit more thought than Harry Potter.) I found a book called 'The Science of His Dark Materials' which explained (and proved possible) many of the things in the book from a scientific angle which was pretty educational.

If you're into Dark Matter, Daemonology, Particle Physics etc, then this is the book for you.

I can't think of any off the top of my head but after I read "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman, (A fantasy trilogy for teenagers requiring a bit more thought than Harry Potter.) I found a book called 'The Science of His Dark Materials' which explained (and proved possible) many of the things in the book from a scientific angle which was pretty educational.

If you're into Dark Matter, Daemonology, Particle Physics etc, then this is the book for you.

My sister rates these very highly.

Guest Neutral
I find most novels educational in a way. Do you mean educational as in the strict academic definition of the word?

I find all novels educational in a gramatical way at least but im talking about educational as in teaching you how to do things.

An example of this would be - a law novel teaching you something about the law instead of going too indepth with lovey dovey stuff