aberdeen-music

Albums you're looking forward to in 2007...

Alkaline

I'm mainly looking forward to the new Manics album, heard some live bits of a couple of the new songs and they sound amazing, one of the new ones 'I'm Just a Patsy' is brilliant. There's a really aggressive sound to it.

Also the new Kings of Leon album, based on the live recordings that I've heard, is going to be incredible. If it doesn't make them HUGE, I'll be amazed. The songs are epic. I think it'll seriously clear all those 'Southern Strokes' tags that seem to follow them.

Also there's a new Rilo Kiley album in the pipe-line which I think should be seeing the light of day this year aswell, I'm looking forward to that.

I'm mainly looking forward to the new Manics album, heard some live bits of a couple of the new songs and they sound amazing, one of the new ones 'I'm Just a Patsy' is brilliant. There's a really aggressive sound to it.

Also the new Kings of Leon album, based on the live recordings that I've heard, is going to be incredible. If it doesn't make them HUGE, I'll be amazed. The songs are epic. I think it'll seriously clear all those 'Southern Strokes' tags that seem to follow them.

Also there's a new Rilo Kiley album in the pipe-line which I think should be seeing the light of day this year aswell, I'm looking forward to that.

It's more just intrigue as opposed to looking forward to a new Manics album with me. I'm a bit sceptical about an "aggressive" sound, i don't want to hear another Masses Against the Classes.

Hey man thanks. No, hadn't heard these tracks before, but man, they're great. A considerably harder sounding CF.

If folks wanna hear more from Leftover Crack, then they can do so here: www.myspace.com/leftovercrackofficial

And check out Citizen Fish here: Citizen Fish / Subhumans official DIY website

I doubt it will be out this year with the rate it's going at, but The Postal Service's new album will at least be leaked in part by the end of 2007, so I'm most looking forward to that. Rilo Kiley's also. It depends, but it's possible that Death Cab could get another one in before the years out. But who knows. 2008 will be good for albums. I'll just sleep this year.

• 4 weeks later...