aberdeen-music

RIP A Perfect Circle

rune

"In a recent interview with France's Rock Hard magazine, APC frontman Maynard James Keenan -- who is about to release a new album with his main band, Tool -- revealed that A Perfect Circle has likely reached the end of the road as a touring and recording entity. Asked what the future holds for A Perfect Circle, Maynard said, "I think it's over," before adding, "We pushed this project as far as it could go, and I see ourselves playing again together only in a few years to make one or two songs, nothing more."

Agreed, prefer Tool myself but Thirteenth Step has a lot more to it musically than Mer De Noms in my opinion.
I couldnt listen to Mer De Noms form start to finish. Love Judith and could listen to songs individually, but not the album. Thirteenth Step I basicvally had to listen to as a whole album, cos I wasn't content with listening to just one song at a time.

Thats my 2 cents.

Thirteenth step is one of my favourite albums and has been since I first listened to it. Mer de Noms is good, but I just don't get into it as much as Thirteenth Step.

Feel the need to go listen to the Outsider now, heh.

now, that was a ding LP...

perhaps the most expensive single song I've ever bought. ("imagine", it's the only good cover on that LP).

An old News bulletin on the APC website, but not as old as wot started this thread:

2006-09-18 The Sleeper Must Awaken

Peace. sorry it's been awhile since we've posted. Been busy. Billy is hard at work on his solo project and i'm on the road with TOOL, working on the www.puscifer.com website, and making wine in between all that. No telling when Billy will be finished with his new material, but what i've heard is very promising. i forgot to post lyrics for 13th step and eMOTIVe so i'm get on that soon. Check back often. peace. out. mjk

some of the tracks on the puscifier jukebox are pretty cool, hadn't heard some of them before. still love the AIC tracks.

x

aye...I'd had a think about that over tea....and oops! the lp was indeed emotive, so bad, I even forgot it!

"the outsider" is the amazing first track off of 13th step...

sooooorrrry....

he he.

peep

The Outsider is the amazing 7th track off 13th step :p

The Package however is the equally amazing first track off 13th step

:)

The Outsider is the amazing 7th track off 13th step :p

The Package however is the equally amazing first track off 13th step

:)

....hmm...must read song titles...and look at order....before posting....

shows how long I've listened to it!...

both excellent songs...in fact, great LP...

I hear they are splitting up?...is this true ;)