aberdeen-music

Maths Help! :(

HateEvent

Hello peoples.

I'm stumped on a couple of questions and my notes aren't being the kindest for helping me...

"Find the first derivative of the implicit function y(X) at the point (2,-1) given

2x^2 + x^3y + y^2 - 1 = 0

?(

The other one was

"Calculate the derivative of y = e^ -x + sin(x+3) + 1/(x-2)

?(

:down:

Hello peoples.

I'm stumped on a couple of questions and my notes aren't being the kindest for helping me...

"Find the first derivative of the implicit function y(X) at the point (2,-1) given

?(

The other one was

?(

Ok, I will take a stab

1st) Esp guitar

2nd) Being bald ponds the earth.

I can't wait til you get that Yamaha acoustic - I'm going to take a plop in the soundhole.

:swearing:

Hehe, aye.

Anyway, good luck with finding the answer. I would help but my brain is art biased. My folks even employed a maths tutor who told me that "I was useless at maths". Ach well, I bet she couldn't take a photo for shit.

Anyway, bed time, I will stop hijacking your thread:up: Nite nite man

Calculate the derivative of y = e^ -x + sin(x+3) + 1/(x-2)

is that not dy/dx= cos(x+3)-e^-x-(x-2)^-2

It's just a simple matter of finding the derivatives of the three separate terms and adding them.

Bear in mind it's been a while.

edit: you need the chain rule for finding the derivative of e^-x, as in d/dx(e^u)=e^u.du/dx where u=-x

Maybe not so simple.

Hello peoples.

?(

The other one was

?(

It's amazing how much I've forgotten since College. I can't even be arsed having a stab at it for fear of failure.

Hello peoples.

?(

The other one was

?(

...and just how, exactly, is all that maths pish going to help your guitar playing?

Just like the last gadge, I've forgotten soooo much since I left Uni. Anyway, that's what I've got staff for - to do the work, freeing me up to take the credit!

Sweet!

ps - Taking a shite in Hog's new 'coostic, won't help either.

...and just how, exactly, is all that maths pish going to help your guitar playing?

Just like the last gadge, I've forgotten soooo much since I left Uni. Anyway, that's what I've got staff for - to do the work, freeing me up to take the credit!

Sweet!

ps - Taking a shite in Hog's new 'coostic, won't help either.

All is good - those type of questions didn't appear in this year's paper. I had it yesterday. All went pretty well - definitely passed :up:

• 2 weeks later...