aberdeen-music

Film of Kurt Cobain's life to be made.

Camie

posted by www.billboard.com

"The WB Network is developing an original movie about the life of rock icon Kurt Cobain. The network has obtained the rights to "Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain," the 2001 book by Charles Cross.

Robert Munic ("They Call Me Sir") has been commissioned to write the script for the film, which could get a primetime berth as early as next season. No casting or director is attached."

Thats gonna be so biased in Courtney Loves favour.

Dunno man, I dont want to sound a dick. The guy wrote some ace music, I give him that. but he also left a family behind. Narrow minded, not sure. Just giving an opinion. He strikes me as a musical genius who was a personal failure.

I speak my mind. He gave up too easily. I can see Courtney do the same, especially the way she has been recently

I agree man! I dont want to be seen as narrow minded Camie! Come on man! People who are very talented usually fuck up. Jimi Hendrix, Kurt, Devin TOwnsend (im biast) ended up in hospital after recording an album with songs that had vocal layered over 100 times lol, Keith Moon etc. I agree Kurt was one of those fucked dudes. I just dont think he tried hard enough! Dont give me that .... (how do you know?) stuff, I do!

Kurt tried hard with music but not at being a dad

i wouldnt say he is a hero he was merely someone who spoke out to the youth who needed something to inspire them isntead of the glam metal/pop shit that was going about the time. Now I would say he is an influential person(song wise). Some parts to him I didn't agree with like how he hated being popular after nevermind but that is all he wanted was for nirvana and him to be in the big time. Also the fact he abused himself so much with drugs didnt do him any justice.

Nirvana and Kurt Cobain only get heaps of stick though because they get overhyped to the point that its annoying. For example in Kerrang's recent poll for best video ever smells like teen spirit won when it is a shit video. Great song but a shit video.

rant over.

Originally posted by Hog:

I agree man! I dont want to be seen as narrow minded Camie! Come on man! People who are very talented usually fuck up. Jimi Hendrix, Kurt, Devin TOwnsend (im biast) ended up in hospital after recording an album with songs that had vocal layered over 100 times lol, Keith Moon etc. I agree Kurt was one of those fucked dudes. I just dont think he tried hard enough! Dont give me that .... (how do you know?) stuff, I do!

Kurt tried hard with music but not at being a dad

yeh dont get me wrong Hog I wasnt starting a row about it or anything as I agree to a certain extent. It was just your "whatever" comments that striked me as narrow minded thats all:P

Yeah, peopl seem to tnink that Kurt and Nirvana are some sort or pioneers of modern day music(or something to that effect) when really I see them as juts another band who in my opinion suck root.

Originally posted by Camie:

i wouldnt say he is a hero he was merely someone who spoke out to the youth who needed something to inspire them isntead of the glam metal/pop shit that was going about the time. Now I would say he is an influential person(song wise). Some parts to him I didn't agree with like how he hated being popular after nevermind but that is all he wanted was for nirvana and him to be in the big time. Also the fact he abused himself so much with drugs didnt do him any justice.

Nirvana and Kurt Cobain only get heaps of stick though because they get overhyped to the point that its annoying. For example in Kerrang's recent poll for best video ever smells like teen spirit won when it is a shit video. Great song but a shit video.

rant over.

Fair enough, too much hype. But why not simply quit! It wasnt like he was struggling for money?

Guest Scott 5FD

i think it might be quite an interesting film.

'Heavier Than Heaven' is one of the better Cobian biographies i've read, so it would make a good screen adaptation.

Cobain took heroin because he had a chronic stomach condition and it helped eliviate (sp?) the pain.

he was pretty fucked up, he got his pet rabbit to fuck a raccoon or something.

but he did write some good tunes, especially 'About A Girl'.