aberdeen-music

Noel Whelan

Shaki

He was entertaining and always seemed to be trying hard even though he wasn't that good. Plus, made the papers for inviting two girls back to his hotel on Queens Road for a threesome and one of them nabbed his car keys and stole his BMW while he was banging the other one. Legend.

Other way round, dude. he never tried but he was a great player. We only saw half of what he was capable of. One of the best players in recent years to wear a red shirt.

Would be on my list of "top 10 folk to go for a drinking session with."

He picked up a few knocks here but was just a lazy, unfit bastard who likes booze 'n' birds more than training. He is an amazingly naturally talented, skillful player who could have made it at the highest level but never due to a lack of application. You have to remember he was touted as a future England star but he had kids at a young age, split up with his girlfriend, really got into boozing and it all fell apart.

I heard a story at the weekend from my mate who works in a bar on Queens Road. WHen Noel was playing for us he was in a bar one Sunday and he was absolutely plastered - proper stinking drunk. Jimmy Calderwood came into the bar, took one look at him and said for fucks sake Noel, take tomorrow off from training and come in on Tuesday. Noel, upon hearing this immediately ordered a bottle of vodka from the bar and toddled off to his bed with it!