aberdeen-music

[GIG] Video Ultra @ The Tunnels

A screening of a selection of short films, each around the 10 minute mark, made by local talent (or anybody) and featuring some sort of narrative-driven story. No meandering art-wank.

Final bill still to be confirmed, but will likely include:

• Contributions from Donside collective (comprising members of King Liar & the Brutes, Bill Ely & the Catnips)
  • A documentary related to the local music scene
  • Direct from New York, special guest film-maker Stephen Levinson
  • The astounding 'Bedshitter'

Sure to be a unique night, most likely never to be repeated. And free entry too. Don't let me down.

this will rule, I canna believe it's free tae

It's unlikely I'll be attending, but I will be contributing a couple of vids, he he he, you probably think it will be my shitty comedy vids, but I aim to shock abody with my sensible documentary stuff, it canna be that bad, it was on TV and athing.

• 2 weeks later...
was there a good turnout?

Not too bad, about 30 people, six films. Pretty good reaction to everything shown. We'll definitely do something like it again, but maybe on a bigger scale with a bit more publicity, now we know that it can actually be done - i.e. the stuff shown looked good projected on to the screen in the Tunnels, and noise wasn't much of a problem. The whole thing went fairly smoothly, and quite a few people (strangers) commented that it would be good if that sort of thing happened more often.

I don't know if Michael told you already, but there was a last-minute hitch with burning the DVDs- for some reason your one played back with the sound totally out of synch and the frame rate all over the place. I suspect it might have been something to do with the encoding used when it was grabbed from VHS, since the rest of them (all digitally originated) played back fine. But I don't know. It's probably something that can be easily rectified, but there wasn't time to sort it yesterday.

There'll be a few things we'll be making in the near future, let me know if you're interested in playing some role. Could involve you being covered in slop, or stabbed, or something like that.