aberdeen-music

[GIG] The Sex Pistols Experience @ The Tunnels

Ho Hum

How long is before the section of the population and fans that witnessed the original bands, that now have a tribute act(s), die out or get to old to move and therefore stop attending gigs like this, which in turn causes the demise of tribute acts? Is that possible or will we be bombarded with the next generation of 'rooted in a time' fans?

Entertaining evenings if thought of as a comedy/panto night!

Och cheer up ye miserablist

How long is before the section of the population and fans that witnessed the original bands, that now have a tribute act(s), die out or get to old to move and therefore stop attending gigs like this, which in turn causes the demise of tribute acts? Is that possible or will we be bombarded with the next generation of 'rooted in a time' fans?

Entertaining evenings if thought of as a comedy/panto night!

Having a good time on stage, and dressing up, like the Damned have always done, is a hoot.

16 again meet old and new friends and get free beer, you should check us out, we are far better than a lot of the so called original artists bothering the fee paying public in Aberdeen. Ye didnae complain after seeing aka SKA, and 16 again are far more pantomime than them, Mon the panto shennanigans, it's got to be better than a this namby pamby miserablist emo pish, be punk as fuck - REVOLT NOW - HAVE FUN

Right then, gloves off ;)

Having a good time on stage, and dressing up, like the Damned have always done, is a hoot.

16 again meet old and new friends and get free beer, you should check us out, we are far better than a lot of the so called original artists bothering the fee paying public in Aberdeen. Ye didnae complain after seeing aka SKA, and 16 again are far more pantomime than them, Mon the panto shennanigans, it's got to be better than a this namby pamby miserablist emo pish, be punk as fuck - REVOLT NOW - HAVE FUN

Yes I admit it to being in the same room as AKA SKA one, not much else to do, evening several months ago, and despite myself acknowledging they weren't half bad... That said I wouldn't 'ever' choose to knowingly attend gigs of this nature. I know it's fun, I appreciate and understand 'why' there is a market for it and that's my whole point, 'there is a market for it!'

And for the record I don't hold local tribute nights, the likes of which are coming up this weekend, as the same thing at all. More often than not these consist of performances based on re-interpretation of an artists original material. An entirley different and ever so slightly more 'creative' affair!

No I'm not a snob, I just like my music to have a smattering of creative input no matter how good or bad and nowt wrong with showing your influences (unless it's shite of course)

This is all said from a happy place by the way. Each to their own and all that... Just wish there was less of the 'creativity sapping, cultural draining pap' that's being passed off as worthy entertainment.

There! :)

:love: :love:

Yes I admit it to being in the same room as AKA SKA one, not much else to do, evening several months ago, and despite myself acknowledging they weren't half bad... That said I wouldn't 'ever' choose to knowingly attend gigs of this nature. I know it's fun, I appreciate and understand 'why' there is a market for it and that's my whole point, 'there is a market for it!'

And for the record I don't hold local tribute nights, the likes of which are coming up this weekend, as the same thing at all. More often than not these consist of performances based on re-interpretation of an artists original material. An entirley different and ever so slightly more 'creative' affair!

No I'm not a snob, I just like my music to have a smattering of creative input no matter how good or bad and nowt wrong with showing your influences (unless it's shite of course)

This is all said from a happy place by the way. Each to their own and all that... Just wish there was less of the 'creativity sapping, cultural draining pap' that's being passed off as worthy entertainment.

There! :)

:love: :love:

i have to agree that being a cover band is the safe/boring option- lots of money, easy to do - lets face it its getting harder and harder to come up with something absolutely fresh these days. I think its fine to have gigs like this, it doesnt aid new music and the evolution of it but there is definatley a market for it- for me it is more of a frustration at not having the original members or supporting rich hypocritical bastards.

However, this gig is purely just a thrash for folk who used to really like the music to come and go wild, I totally love to see the average 30-40's office worker get all punked up and jump around as if there 17. If theres lots of energy and soul in music its a good thing. I like these kind of gigs because at least it has a certain kind of mutual respect- new bands on the aberdeen music scene for instance dont recieve as much support or it is basically half assed.

I think it would be better if less cover bands did get to play, but I think its more the aberdeen music scene's fault that causes so many cover bands to come and play. It's better than putting on a crap band that bring hundreds of people but sound terrible wouldn't you say?

Tom

And you get to see Biz playing drums!

you spik shite

He he he, you need plenty creative input to work out the drums to these wee beauties - it certainly takes more skill than thinking up completely new drum patterns.

If I had the chance to make money playing in a decent band I'd grab it, but for now I'll have a great time -although usually at a significant financial loss - due to travelling expenses, rehearsals, shit promoters etc.

Pick an hours set out of these if you think you are good enough, I'll gladly take the night off and sit making sarcastic remarks whilst you sweat your nads aff.

SAFE AND BORING? LIKE FUCK

999 Homicide

Adverts Gary Gilmore's Eyes

Alternative TV You Bastard

Anti Nowhere League So What?

Buzzcocks 16 Again

Buzzcocks Time's Up

Buzzcocks Autonomy

Buzzcocks Harmony In My Head

Buzzcocks Ever Fallen In Love

Chelsea I'm On Fire

Chelsea Evacuate

Clash Janie Jones

Clash 48 Hours

Clash Tommy Gun

Clash What's My Name?

Clash Safe European Home

Clash 1977

Clash Complete Control

Clash Guns Of Brixton

Clash White Man

Clash Hateful

Clash English Civil War

Clash London Calling

Clash White Riot

Cockney Rejects Bad Man

Damned New Rose

Damned Neat Neat Neat

Damned Love Song

Dead Boys Sonic Reducer

Dead Kennedys Let's Lynch The Landlord

Dead Kennedys Police Truck

Dead Kennedys Too Drunk To Fuck

Devo Uncontrollable Urge

Dictators Stay With Me

Gang Of Four I Found That Essence Rare

Generation X Ready Steady Go

Generation X King Rocker

Heartbreakers Chinese Rocks

Heartbreakers One Track Mind

Jam In The City

Jam "A" Bomb In Wardour Street

Killing Joke The Wait

King Kurt Destination Zululand

Magazine Shot By Both Sides

Magazine The Light Pours Out Of Me

Mekons Where Were You?

Members Sound Of The Suburbs

Professionals 1-2-3

Public Image Ltd Public Image

Ramones Rockaway Beach

Ramones Judy Is A Punk

Ramones I Wanna Be Sedated

Ramones Pinhead

Rezillos Head Kicked In Tonite

Rezillos Can't Stand My Baby

Ruts In A Rut

Ruts Staring At The Rude Boys

Saints I'm Stranded

Sex Pistols Submission

Sex Pistols Did You No Wrong

Sex Pistols New York

Sex Pistols Anarchy In The UK

Sham 69 Borstal Breakout

Spizz Energi Where's Captain Kirk?

Stiff Little Fingers Bloody Sunday

Stiff Little Fingers Gotta Getaway

Stiff Little Fingers Roots Radicals Rockers & Reggae

Stiff Little Fingers Nobodys Hero

Stiff Little Fingers It Doesn't Make It Alright

Stiff Little Fingers Alternative Ulster

Stooges I Wanna Be Your Dog

UK Subs Riot

Undertones Mars Bars

Wall Ghetto

Wire 12XU

• Upvote 1

Whaaaa ?

He he he, you need plenty creative input to work out the drums to these wee beauties - it certainly takes more skill than thinking up completely new drum patterns.

If I had the chance to make money playing in a decent band I'd grab it, but for now I'll have a great time although usually at a significant financial loss - due to travelling expenses, rehearsals, shit promoters etc.

Pick an hours set out of these if you think you are good enough, I'll gladly take the night off and sit making sarcastic remarks whilst you sweat your nads aff.

SAFE AND BORING? LIKE FUCK

999 Homicide

Adverts Gary Gilmore's Eyes

Alternative TV You Bastard

Anti Nowhere League So What?

Buzzcocks 16 Again

Buzzcocks Time's Up

Buzzcocks Autonomy

Buzzcocks Harmony In My Head

Buzzcocks Ever Fallen In Love

Chelsea I'm On Fire

Chelsea Evacuate

Clash Janie Jones

Clash 48 Hours

Clash Tommy Gun

Clash What's My Name?

Clash Safe European Home

Clash 1977

Clash Complete Control

Clash Guns Of Brixton

Clash White Man

Clash Hateful

Clash English Civil War

Clash London Calling

Clash White Riot

Cockney Rejects Bad Man

Damned New Rose

Damned Neat Neat Neat

Damned Love Song

Dead Boys Sonic Reducer

Dead Kennedys Let's Lynch The Landlord

Dead Kennedys Police Truck

Dead Kennedys Too Drunk To Fuck

Devo Uncontrollable Urge

Dictators Stay With Me

Gang Of Four I Found That Essence Rare

Generation X Ready Steady Go

Generation X King Rocker

Heartbreakers Chinese Rocks

Heartbreakers One Track Mind

Jam In The City

Jam "A" Bomb In Wardour Street

Killing Joke The Wait

King Kurt Destination Zululand

Magazine Shot By Both Sides

Magazine The Light Pours Out Of Me

Mekons Where Were You?

Members Sound Of The Suburbs

Professionals 1-2-3

Public Image Ltd Public Image

Ramones Rockaway Beach

Ramones Judy Is A Punk

Ramones I Wanna Be Sedated

Ramones Pinhead

Rezillos Head Kicked In Tonite

Rezillos Can't Stand My Baby

Ruts In A Rut

Ruts Staring At The Rude Boys

Saints I'm Stranded

Sex Pistols Submission

Sex Pistols Did You No Wrong

Sex Pistols New York

Sex Pistols Anarchy In The UK

Sham 69 Borstal Breakout

Spizz Energi Where's Captain Kirk?

Stiff Little Fingers Bloody Sunday

Stiff Little Fingers Gotta Getaway

Stiff Little Fingers Roots Radicals Rockers & Reggae

Stiff Little Fingers Nobodys Hero

Stiff Little Fingers It Doesn't Make It Alright

Stiff Little Fingers Alternative Ulster

Stooges I Wanna Be Your Dog

UK Subs Riot

Undertones Mars Bars

Wall Ghetto

Wire 12XU

Not one single second of creative thought needed to learn someone elses existing drum part. Don't make the age old error of mistaking ability for creativity. Again, strokes for folks. I'm not knocking anyones choice to do this by the way. I just can't abide it. May be an ingrained psychological glich being that my parents played three to four nights a week in a pub band when I was wee. It also may not be that, and it's my opinion that it's shite. Either way, who gives a fuck other than Biz... :)

got nothing positive to say? then just say nothing

French Disco and Two Joes comments are typical examples of why Aberdeen music gets a bad reputation. It seems ye widnae ken a decent nicht oot if it jumped up and bit ye richt on the erse - mind you ye wid probably like that sort o thing as it would gae ye something else to moan aboot. I expect mair fae Two Joe, those narrow minded comments really make him look like an arsehole - which he isnae in real life, but sadly like so many others he has got sucked into a downward spiral of making negativity his hobby on here , cheer up, go and see SPE, they really are a good laugh and it's got to be better than typing shite like this. I am now going to see Johnny Skyscraper - another local bunch of punks daeing decent covers -I canna wait, it will be exciting and punk as fuck .

Forever missing my point...

French Disco and Two Joes comments are typical examples of why Aberdeen music gets a bad reputation. It seems ye widnae ken a decent nicht oot if it jumped up and bit ye richt on the erse - mind you ye wid probably like that sort o thing as it would gae ye something else to moan aboot. I expect mair fae Two Joe, those narrow minded comments really make him look like an arsehole - which he isnae in real life, but sadly like so many others he has got sucked into a downward spiral of making negativity his hobby on here , cheer up, go and see SPE, they really are a good laugh and it's got to be better than typing shite like this. I am now going to see Johnny Skyscraper - another local bunch of punks daeing decent covers -I canna wait, it will be exciting and punk as fuck .

Aye, I'm a richt moaning auld fart min ye ken anahin

Have fun Biz, long live yester-year and down with new music!

*goes off to look for a positive thread to kill*

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pantomime shenanigans

I'm gan tae keep this thread gan for the purposes of advertising the gig.

The Sex Pistols Experience bass player plays bass better than Sid ever did.

Meanwhile...back to the moaners...

Cheer up miserablists, there's a comedy club every month at Drummonds, ye micht see stuff like this http

failing that, ye could try getting drunk or laid.

• 1 month later...