aberdeen-music

ipod 4track

Stripey

Bugger. It appears I'm a loser then. ;(

Actually, I have an iPod Nano, so maybe I'm just sad?

Anyway, a link to the image now it appears not to be displaying:

http://lh6.google.com/_p0h487LMWcE/RaF88JrUEZI/AAAAAAAAAQ0/KIa0a2XQrm8/s1600/TuneStudio.jpg

And some information on the product itself:

Belkin debuts TuneStudio four-channel iPod mixer

Witch port able muzik divise do u pwn? ROFFL?

Try typing normally, it will make you sound less like the cretin that you so obviously are.

I don't own a "portable music device" other than a car stereo, because I'm not a fashion victim or a student, and I spend on average 5-6 hours+ most days working with headphones or speakers.

Anyway, this kind of cheap consumer trash is like the ipod "decks" that came out a while back, just more novelty crap for the nathan barley types that bought an ipod in the first place. Infact I can imagine it suits perfectly the toy "bands" people like that would be in and will sound fantastic, what with the amazing reputation of Belkin for producing professional audio gear.

My iPod is my best friend that isn't a human, apart from my computer, my sketch pad, socks and pens. I don't buy the peripherals for my pod, I am intrigued by this wee thing though but only in as much as 'how good could it be?'. Might be a handy little tool for a fun seeking complete novice.

J

why does owning a portable music device make someone a cretin? because listening to music around town makes us all zombies does it? because music should only be appreciated in the privacy of ones own chamber?

fuck off stripey.

and the thing looks useful. if a band or someone is simply wanting to record rehersals or even cheap demos, it looks well decent.

ballbagarama.

Marvellous. I'm tempted to start using that as a moderating term.

"Thread closed. Ballbagarama."

Anyway, it appears that Stripey has finally transformed into the Gillian McKeith of Aberdeen-Music.

"Shit a song into this tupperware for me. Good God, have you any idea how proletarian that muck is? Do you know what that is doing to your creative processes? You need some of this - 'Mungbean-VST 2.0"

My 'portable music device' saves me from having the hear the psycho babble of the socially disfunctional personalities that are rife in todays world. My ignore list prevents me from unintentionally reading the written babble as well.

As for the iThingy, I would consider purchasing it if I had some disposable cash, at least after hearing how good or bad it works... I can't understand why there can be such an adverse attitude to all the wonderfull 'tools' we have at our hand in this day and age. Making, recording and even broadcasting your own music has never been easier. Not always a good thing but then we do have access to off and delet buttons...:up: Thiis is just a general statement by the way. No pointy finger here as I can't read th inflamatory posts, I can get the jist of things from the replies though, it's funny.

I call for a vote on bringing this motion forward for immediate effect.

All those in favour, say "aye"

All oppossed, say "fuck off I'm entitled to my opinions and i know more than you about recording cos i spend my entire life working on my music with headphones as monitors which I then listen to with my car stereo quietly laughing to myself at all the fahsion victims and students that are walking the streets with headphones on, HAHAHA"

Guest bluesxman

I like my I Pod. For the simple reason that I can have 1000's of tunes to carry about in a nice small package. If that makes me a cretin in some eyes I can deal with it. A car stereo is hardly as practical now is it?

Maybe one of these would be old skool enough?

radiowatch.jpg

In the interest of salvaging a decent conversation from this thread, it would be good if people could give their opinions on the iPod 4-track that has been mooted and products related to it, and not indulge in a pointless slanging match that will only get the thread closed.

Perhaps if you did a better job of moderating all the abusive shit posted in here there wouldn't be any such problem. If it was me who posted half the childish insulting crap in this thread it would have been deleted straight away. Pull your finger out.

Anyway, it appears that Stripey has finally transformed into the Gillian McKeith of Aberdeen-Music.

"Shit a song into this tupperware for me. Good God, have you any idea how proletarian that muck is? Do you know what that is doing to your creative processes? You need some of this - 'Mungbean-VST 2.0"

'aye'

i only have a cheapo mp3 player, not a proper i-pod. skint loser.

Perhaps if you did a better job of moderating all the abusive shit posted in here there wouldn't be any such problem. If it was me who posted half the childish insulting crap in this thread it would have been deleted straight away. Pull your finger out.
...let's all go and eat worms.

True story!

Prior to owning my iPod I used the family car stereo. That didn't last too long as I was mocked for walking around town with a full size Clio strapped to my waste and a long headphone cable trailing behind me. "Look at that car carrying cretin music fan" they all shouted. This put paid to my ideals quick sharp and I soon purchased my iPod 'mini' which came with a Union Jack roof. I soon relaised I was had by an overly wise car dealer and then bought my 30gb video pod which is the business!

To be honest it is a bit rich you complaining about abusive and insulting posts. You're like the guy in the World Cup that insulted the French geezer, then rolled around in 'agony' when he retaliated. Neither action is acceptable, but I don't think I've ever seen you getting any abuse without having posted some first. The point of my post in case you missed it, was this. Ms McKeith is basically getting across a valid point = stop eating shit and get healthy. But the manner in which she does this almost negates her message, and only aggravates people. Likewise you quite often do make valid points, but the language and manner you use to get these across works against you, and renders your posts almost useless.

If you want my view on this gadget, I'd say it may have some uses, but is probably not worth the money it will cost. The target market for cheap and easy recording i.e. penniless musicians, will probably not want to spend the money on it. I may be wrong though, we'd need to know more about how good it's actually going to be.