aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - Best Extreme Act

The Ghost Of Fudge

LOL this thread is a joke the only band remotely extreme in that list is Filthpact, I wish u scenesters would learn what extreme music is before u make a category for it and fill it with alternative noise. Try giving cryptopsy a listen and then listen to n e of these 'extreme bands' and youll realise...hang on there not extreme! funny eh. extreme music generally involves extremely technical playing, which is pretty much non-existant in aberdeen because it takes alot of time and effort to achieve, and im afraid the aberdeen scene seems quite lazy -music-wise at least, i know theres plenty of people wantin to gig and 'look cool'

:nono:

i look forward to your irate replies

you're a joke... :D:gringo::D

LOL this thread is a joke the only band remotely extreme in that list is Filthpact, I wish u scenesters would learn what extreme music is before u make a category for it and fill it with alternative noise. Try giving cryptopsy a listen and then listen to n e of these 'extreme bands' and youll realise...hang on there not extreme! funny eh. extreme music generally involves extremely technical playing, which is pretty much non-existant in aberdeen because it takes alot of time and effort to achieve, and im afraid the aberdeen scene seems quite lazy -music-wise at least, i know theres plenty of people wantin to gig and 'look cool'

I think it's all in relation to what bands are active in Aberdeen at the time for this category.. It has pretty much always been part of the Fudge Awards to would be daft to drop it if there isn't any, extremely fast, technical blah blah bands on the go.. For the record though. Filthpact are FAR from extremely fast and even farther from technical.

As i said before. It's a test to see how many mates bands have, never about if they are indeed THE best band in any given category.

:laughing:

its fudge. its supposed to be wrong and fucked up.

for the record pvh and filthpact are reyt good and they both have bass players and you can hear what they play when they play in the east neuk.

so,

techinical ability which you cant hear for shit because the people are so technically gifted that they cant set and amp up properly

or

people who play noisey music fast and slow, where its tight and you can hear all of the notes, with "extreme" nakedness and drinks flying about an that.

you are the weakest link.goodbye

stuart maxwell quote

'for the record pvh and filthpact are reyt good and they both have bass players and you can hear what they play when they play in the east neuk.

so,

techinical ability which you cant hear for shit because the people are so technically gifted that they cant set and amp up properly'

i completely agree that filthpact are good , pvh isnt really my style of music but whatever floats ur boat,(i didnt say n e thing negative about the bands did i?) and with regards to the amp comment, im sure u could set up an amp youve never used before perfectly without a proper soundcheck(easy if its your own amp), and i dont see how this has n e thing to do with my comment. does my comment even mention cranial in ne way, i dont consider us of extreme metal standards by a long shot..

stuart maxwell quote

'for the record pvh and filthpact are reyt good and they both have bass players and you can hear what they play when they play in the east neuk.

so,

techinical ability which you cant hear for shit because the people are so technically gifted that they cant set and amp up properly'

i completely agree that filthpact are good , pvh isnt really my style of music but whatever floats ur boat,(i didnt say n e thing negative about the bands did i?) and with regards to the amp comment, im sure u could set up an amp youve never used before perfectly without a proper soundcheck(easy if its your own amp), and i dont see how this has n e thing to do with my comment. does my comment even mention cranial in ne way, i dont consider us of extreme metal standards by a long shot..

To be fair, the category isn't "extreme metal" it's actually just "extreme"... so to be honest I reckon folk should be able to interpret that as they wish. Besides, its just Fudge...

techinical ability which you cant hear for shit because the people are so technically gifted that they cant set and amp up properly

Aye man, both are total bass genius'. But they both dont know what a bass amp actually does, too busy being bass pioneers. SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP, FUNK WAAAAAAH, BASSSSS, BOOOOOM.......'FITS THIS GAIN NOB A'bOOT YA SCHWINDAG?'.

k i think i went a bit over the top there with my initial comment, i now realise that yes there can be an 'extreme' category without it being 'extreme metal', and

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRANIAL_MIND

Aye man, both are total bass genius'. But they both dont know what a bass amp actually does, too busy being bass pioneers. SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP, FUNK WAAAAAAH, BASSSSS, BOOOOOM.......'FITS THIS GAIN NOB A'bOOT YA SCHWINDAG?'.

i quoted that from stuart maxwell, he was sayin it bout me not bein able to set up my amp properly, dont know if u thought i was sayin it bout ur bassist/s or what, but i wasnt. N e way well done PVH at least one band from stoney is doin well.

For the record, Filthpact got 18 votes out of 75, meaning 24% of voters are stupid.

And I just did calculations to find out what percentage of 75 was equal to 18, only to discover the percentage ios next to the numebrs in the poll itself. So I am also a moron.

The verdict - members of Filthpact and voters are morons, which leaves Karloff as the winners, cos they haven't voted, yet are on the poll.

Or something.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
For the record, Filthpact got 18 votes out of 75, meaning 24% of voters are stupid.

I voted for you, only because Fuctoff weren't there. Fuctoff are the future. Fact.

Rachie wins the prize for her post a few above.

YUS! I am a part of a 24% stupidity! :D

If the prize is a Fudge award, that's ok, I already have one.* :p

Says alot about the value of the competition... ho.

*Or rather did until Moonface fell over with it on Crooked Lane and smashed it into multiple shards :(