aberdeen-music

Deal or no Deal

JenJen

I don't like Deal or no Deal, it's a plamf just randomly picking boxes. The false comradery of the "contestants" really winds me up too. And Noel Edmonds is a prick. I hate his little beard especially.

OH thank goodness! i thought i was the only one who thought deal or no deal was totally crap. i hate the patronising tone mr edmonds takes.

i dislike deal or no deal immensly but find that when i'm at the gym i get easily drawn into it. saw the bird win the quarter million yesterday while on the bikes. i don't like the applause that people get for guessing and it pisses me off when someone opens a red box and they get given a hard time or start apologising. plus noel edmonds is a cunt.

Shite. It's really boring and as Hog stated: "uninspiring TV for the masses". Like most telly then.

You know, I was channel flicking the other day and noticed that 3 out of 5 of the terrestrial channels were showing programmes where "celebrities" are doing something they don't ussually do. Two of them had these C-list celebrities bloody singing! Tess "bang my mouth" Dailly was hosting one where the celebrity teams up with an actual singer to do a duet (just like the Strictly Dancing one) which was unbelievably cack. This funny looking guy and some opera chick did a song from Phantom of the Opera which was truly awful. Needless to say I quickly turned it off and went upstairs to hurt myself.

The third one was celebrity Big Brother.

People, don't watch this stuff. It merely encourages this farcical celebrity culture that we live in today (i.e. look at that bird from Atomic Kittens new pencil. It's a steadtler! Can you believe it? She got it in WHSmith most likely to write with). Obviously there's no stopping it but, well, make an effort or something.

Yeh so, Deal or No Deal. Shit.

it pisses me off when someone opens a red box and they get given a hard time or start apologising.

Ha yes, thats hilarious.

There always moments when Noel says something like "Now, Bob's box was the 250,000 yesterday, what are the chances of it being the 250,000 today?"

1/22, Noel.

i like deal or no deal! don't watch it very often because i'm not in the house when it's on any more but i think the suspense that they manage to build from what is nothing more than pure luck of the draw can be quite gripping. then again, i'm low brow and make no apologies for it!

/x