aberdeen-music

100 Greatest Guitar Solos

Neil

Sublime really were amazing. In The End, Wrong Way, Bad Fish, Santeria, Saw Red, Date Rape, What I got, all superb tracks.

It's a shame they remain pretty widely unknown or generally forgotten about. One of my all time favourite bands. The fact they managed to fuse Dub, Reggae and Punk and not sound fucking awful is testament to their genius. Bradley Nowell was a great singer songwriter his acoustic version of Pool Shark which basically foresees his own death is amazing (if not incredibly grim).

I love the Floods solo but do prefer the outro riff, that riff pawns my soul.

2 other underrated solos by dime IMHO

Hard line, sunken cheeks

10's (although I dont like the song, I love the solo)

I agree with Teabags regarding Becoming. The first time I heard that, I was blown away. A pretty different approach to a metal song (at the time)...then of course Korn did "Good god"

So many points to make!

1-Sublime are the dingest band I ever heard, nearly

2-'Whipping Post' IS a solo in itself, mm hope its the Fillmore East version, 22 minutes.

3-Only twats don't like Funkadelic, this has been proven by science.

4-Jake E Lee's 'Bark at the Moon' solo is the equal of anything Randy Rhoads ever did, or Zakk Wylde, and at least his name doesn't look like Slade invented it for a laugh

5-The glaring omission to my eyes is Brian Tatler's 'Am I Evil' solo, hand-tooled by Swiss precision engineers or something, plus it has that rarest of qualities in a metal lead, feel.

6-Chris Stein, now there is an underrated guitarist, the lead on the LP version of 'Rapture' is one of my touchstones of how to be ace without excess flash

7-Wot, no George Lynch or Warren DeMartini, how the mighty have fallen.

I realise that some people think its all subjective but, no; I'm right.

• Upvote 1