aberdeen-music

Viva Pinata

framheim

anyone else got this? i bought it last week and have been playing it loads. it's damned addictive trying to get the next pinata's to come into your garden. i had an ace rabbit with a pirate hat which i named after my fiance but it got eaten :(

i'm not naming the rest of them anymore, i get too attached. i was most upset when she was gobbled up by the fox.

Yeah, I downloaded the demo on Xbox Live and it was almost unplayable due to camera/control/not being able to tell what the hell was going on issues.

Also, check out this video of the loading times

That is just plain god awful. Why the fuck does it take so long to load? It looks as if the whole town is being generated every time rather than the building textures/polygons remaining in memory, not to mention the guy you are speaking to should be in RAM aswell.

Shocking. The game could have been awesome aswell.

haven't really been paying much to this. the whole idea seems so ridiculous!

i'll see how this thread pans out before i think of going for it. the call of sonic is pretty strong though.

it's not ridiculous, it's fun! i'm really enjoying it and it seems to have a lot to do. my only gripe is that it's a little samey once you've played it for over 10 hours. but there's always new pinata's to aim for and it'll take forever to collect each one i reckon.

as an experiment in how these type of games would fare on the 360 i think it's nothing short of a success. it's a really unique concept created with children in mind but that can still draw adult gamers in as well.

i quite fancied sonic as well but heard too many bad things. i'll stick to sonic mega collection on the gamecube.

Oooh, i've been interested in Viva Pinata since it was in Edge in the Summer, thought it looked pretty original, but seen as I've only just got a 360 with 4 awesome games to get through, I don't think I'll be getting anything new until Crackdown comes out. Now IT looks awesome.

Oooh, i've been interested in Viva Pinata since it was in Edge in the Summer, thought it looked pretty original, but seen as I've only just got a 360 with 4 awesome games to get through, I don't think I'll be getting anything new until Crackdown comes out. Now IT looks awesome.

plus if you buy crackdown you get to beta test halo 3.

lost planet looks good too, out this friday. might be a renter though.

• 2 weeks later...