aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Old Gold

Find New Posts problem

When I search find new posts, it puts me on the 'find todays posts' screen instead...

Doesn't do this for me. Which link are you using?

it's doing it for me too on the 'find new posts' link in the navigation bar.

In the drop-down under Search? Because that link is working fine.

That's the bugger. Unless you changed it's layout recently? It's working like a strange mishmash of the 'new post' and 'todays posts' lists... I think.

That's the bugger. Unless you changed it's layout recently? It's working like a strange mishmash of the 'new post' and 'todays posts' lists... I think.

agreed.:up:

The link is working fine, but the problem is the 'new posts' page now looks different. It now comes up with the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." part which makes it look the same as the 'today's posts' page. They are different though. I must say I preferred the 'new posts' page the way it was before, using cookies. The whole list of unread posts would come up, and they would 'un-bold' as I read them. Now they disappear altogether. This I think is why, as Maxi pointed out, a new post you've just made doesn't show up when you go to the 'new posts' page, as obviously you've read it, so it disappears. I've now stopped using 'new posts' altogether and just use 'today's posts' as it does what 'new posts' used to do i,e, still show all posts, with unread ones in bold. I like to see which ones I've read as well, not only the unread.

Does any of that make sense at all?

The link is working fine, but the problem is the 'new posts' page now looks different. It now comes up with the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." part which makes it look the same as the 'today's posts' page. They are different though. I must say I preferred the 'new posts' page the way it was before using cookies. The whole list of unread posts would come up, and they would 'un-bold' as I read them. Now they disappear altogether. This I think is why, as Maxi pointed out, a new post you've just made doesn't show up when you go to the 'new posts' page, as obviously you've read it, so it disappears. I've now stopped using 'new posts' altogether and just use 'today's posts' as it does what 'new posts' used to do i,e, still show all posts, with unread ones in bold. I like to see which ones I've read as well, not only the unread.

Does any of that make sense at all?

Yeah it does. It's shit though and annoys me. Get it sorted eh? ;)

Christ, I'm going to switch this back to using cookies if you people don't stop moaning!

There is nothing wrong the link as Frosty explains and can you all please click on the link Mark Forums Read on the main forum list page once you have finished reading posts. You should only have to do this once, but it will reset the Find New Posts page to display only the New Posts you have not read properly.

Christ, I'm going to switch this back to using cookies if you people don't stop moaning!

There is nothing wrong the link as Frosty explains and can you all please click on the link Mark Forums Read on the main forum list page once you have finished reading posts. You should only have to do this once, but it will reset the Find New Posts page to display only the New Posts you have not read properly.

If it ain't broke, it don't need fixing. :p

So... there's absolutely no chance of it changing back?

Well I can if needs must, but I don't understand what's wrong with the current system?

I simply found the old way a more enjoyable way of quickly seeing what's going on in the forums. The new system is too much like the 'find todays posts'.

That, and I'm a creature of habit.