aberdeen-music

Sonic Boom Six and The King Blues at Kef Feb. 8th

Awesome show. Sure Failsafe were awful, and I arrived a lil too late to catch Mouthwash, but man, both SB6 and The King Blues were amazing.

The King Blues were great as always, and wow, their playing Mr Music Man + one other song on the street outside Kef was just so cool.

Sonic Boom Six? Was just blown away. Definitely one of the most exciting live performances I've seen in some time, and I gotta say is right up there with some of my anarcho favourites.

Awesome show. Sure Failsafe were awful, and I arrived a lil too late to catch Mouthwash, but man, both SB6 and The King Blues were amazing.

The King Blues were great as always, and wow, their playing Mr Music Man + one other song on the street outside Kef was just so cool.

Sonic Boom Six? Was just blown away. Definitely one of the most exciting live performances I've seen in some time, and I gotta say is right up there with some of my anarcho favourites.

Ach that sounds like a good show. How was the crowd?

What a night this was.

Mouthwash were very good, promising stuff, and I reckon with a few more shows under their belt they could be excellent. Failsafe, for me, were the worst band of the night by a long way. Quite bland, although they gave it their all, and the frontman's crazed looks were the highlight of their set.

King Blues were incredible, as they were at Capdown. Shame about all the sound problems at the start, but their little 2-song set outside was amazing. I was blown away by SB6 as well, loved their triple front-person thing, especially the frontwoman; she was a great performer.

Unfortunately I had to leave two songs into the Upstarts next door cos I had to catch the last bus, but what I heard of them makes me wish I'd seen them earlier. Have they got an EP or anything out?

What a night this was.

Mouthwash were very good, promising stuff, and I reckon with a few more shows under their belt they could be excellent. Failsafe, for me, were the worst band of the night by a long way. Quite bland, although they gave it their all, and the frontman's crazed looks were the highlight of their set.

King Blues were incredible, as they were at Capdown. Shame about all the sound problems at the start, but their little 2-song set outside was amazing. I was blown away by SB6 as well, loved their triple front-person thing, especially the frontwoman; she was a great performer.

Unfortunately I had to leave two songs into the Upstarts next door cos I had to catch the last bus, but what I heard of them makes me wish I'd seen them earlier. Have they got an EP or anything out?

You wouldnt have thought that Mouthwash had been on Epitaph/Hellcat eh? They didn't have the best stage presence, but I thought they had some amazing songs, failsafe weren't my thing at all. King Blues were again fuking amazing, best band in the UK right now, got an ace interview with em coming out in the next GFN? zine..any1 get any video of them outside Kef? Their new stuffs sounding incredible.

Shame u had to leave man, but ye we got a 4 track cd out, I think its sold out in 1up, but we'l stick more in asap, so u can get it in there for 2 :up:

What a night this was.

Check out their split 7" with Eastfield, Mutley, The Try Hards and The Planeteers. Five ace punk tracks for 2, available from me. Features "Lies Lies" by The Upstarts.

Good night.

Mouthwash didn't look too good on stage but were good musically. Some songs went on a bit longer. They used to be signed to Hellcat Records which is weird cos there is so many better UK bands.

Didn't enjoy Failsafe much. The ska part of them seems to have gone. Just not my thing.

King Blues. Well my only criticism is that I didn't go to toilet before they went on cos I needed to piss 2 songs in and had to hold it in. But yeah, they are an awesome band. The UK's best and everyone needs to see them live to realise this.

Sonic Boom Six I love but the sound was crap for them. Not the best set I've seen from them.

Next door, The Upstarts were mega. Shame we won't see them play again for a long time as they were Aberdeen's most promising punk band.

I also enjoyed Luke Leighfield at Drummonds. He was proper good.

And I liked the end of Mistakes in Animation. It's all I really saw but it was a good bit to see.

Shame that Kef and Drummonds were lacking in any decent beer.

Shame u had to leave man, but ye we got a 4 track cd out, I think its sold out in 1up, but we'll stick more in asap, so u can get it in there for 2 :up:

yeah they've been sold out for weeks. i know cause i keep trying to buy one. and everytime i see you guy i forget. speaking of which. has maltman still got the t-shirts and shit cause i noticed JJ wearing one the other night and got jealous.

but yeah glad everyone enjoyed the entire night. seems billy liar didnt get seen by anyone lol. he wont mind.:up: