aberdeen-music

Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers by "mutual consent"

Chris

Glory hunting aside, you guys have at least got an excuse if you balls up qualifying for Euro 2008, which lets face it you will balls it up. :laughing:

I don't think anyone actually expects us to make it to Euro 2008 considering the godawful group we're in. But it looks like we're going to come out of it with our respectability restored at least and our ranking a lot higher than when we started the campaign. Which would hopefully make for a slightly easier world cup group for 2010.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added the bit about Highland leagu not being part of the scottish league, must've been too slow for you.

I can just imagine Chris coming home from school on his first day "Sorry Dad, but after some consideration on the geography of the local area, and bearing in mind that Cove Rangers are not a junior side any more, I've decided to break with family tradition and support them."

Haha, i know i saw that after i'd posted. I know what you mean, but their still part of an organised and recognised league. I know they're not as steeped in Glory as Aberdeen, but still not unworthy of support. ;)

Haha, i know i saw that after i'd posted. I know what you mean, but their still part of an organised and recognised league. I know they're not as steeped in Glory as Aberdeen, but still not unworthy of support. ;)

And people from Cove can support them. Personally as far as the Highland League goes, I've got family from Banff and have spent more time there than I ever have in Cove so I keep an eye on how Deveronvale are getting on.

:laughing:

Aye i know ;)

Pity that's all you had though.

its because i cant be arsed calling you an armchair football fan anymore. i cant be arsed with you not accepting that you are a glory hunter anymore. the way you keep trying to reassure everyone that you love football and watch games on telly, yet never actually pay good money to go to a game. dundee is an hour away from aberdeen, and not every games lands on a saturday.

i wouldnt have any issue with you not going to games if you plainly accepted that you are an armchair football fan, but you dont. you keep trying to tell everyone else they are wrong and then fire into a full on debate with them abotu the merits of everything.

Nothing like going along to todders in the pissing rain and wind every weekend!

And having a good shout and bawl.....

Although saying that I went to a footy game in Australia last week and much preferred sitting on the grass with a few beers in blazing sunshine.

Even saw one of your former 'heroes' from Dundee Utd playing Alkaline. The mighty Grant Brebner..... Wisna very good.

As far as the scotland job goes....

Levein - NO

Jefferies - HELL NO

THe jimmies - DUNNO

McLeish - MAYBE

Someone else.... probably.... but who?

its because i cant be arsed calling you an armchair football fan anymore. i cant be arsed with you not accepting that you are a glory hunter anymore. the way you keep trying to reassure everyone that you love football and watch games on telly, yet never actually pay good money to go to a game. dundee is an hour away from aberdeen, and not every games lands on a saturday.

i wouldnt have any issue with you not going to games if you plainly accepted that you are an armchair football fan, but you dont. you keep trying to tell everyone else they are wrong and then fire into a full on debate with them abotu the merits of everything.

It's only you that actually cares what type of fan i am. I don't. I don't have any time at the weekends to go to Dundee for games, i work saturday and practice sunday (i know games sometimes fall on week days but not often) and i don't own a car and can't justify the expense along with my other financial commitments. Yet again. not that i have to explain that to some scenester.

Explain to me how having been a Dundee Utd fan for over 20 years makes me a glory hunter, they're the first team i ever saw play live when i was a kid. Our trophy cabinet isn't exactly brimming over with titles now is it.

It's funny how that's your only come back, calling me a glory hunter and an armchair fan. That smacks of ignorance to me.

It's only you that actually cares what type of fan i am. I don't. I don't have any time at the weekends to go to Dundee for games, i work saturday and practice sunday (i know games sometimes fall on week days but not often) and i don't own a car and can't justify the expense along with my other financial commitments. Yet again. not that i have to explain that to some scenester.

Explain to me how having been a Dundee Utd fan for over 20 years makes me a glory hunter, they're the first team i ever saw play live when i was a kid. Our trophy cabinet isn't exactly brimming over with titles now is it.

It's funny how that's your only come back, calling me a glory hunter and an armchair fan. That smacks of ignorance to me.

as i said i cant be arsed jumping into another debate with you, its pointless and at the end of the day it makes us look like a couple of wallys

you are a grown man of 26/7, i am 25. perhaps we should accept that we will never out-own eachother and get on with our lives, whether it be selling tvs or being a scenester or being in bands with crap names

as i said i cant be arsed jumping into another debate with you, its pointless and at the end of the day it makes us look like a couple of wallys

you are a grown man of 26/7, i am 25. perhaps we should accept that we will never out-own eachother and get on with our lives, whether it be selling tvs or being a scenester or being in bands with crap names

True story.

As long as you can stop i'm sure i can.

Explain to me how having been a Dundee Utd fan for over 20 years makes me a glory hunter.

Why isn't Dundee Utd ALONE good enough for you?

That might answer your query.

I reckon Bayern Munich are probably Alkaline's first team but he claims to support Utd so he can say he's not a glory hunter!

You're fooling no one! :)