aberdeen-music

Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers by "mutual consent"

Chris

I'd be quite happy if Calderwood took the Scotland job and Big Eck found his way back to Pittodrie. Even if he wasn't keen, Neale Cooper or Mixu could do a decent job for the Dons. The two Jimmys would do a great job for Scotland.

id like to see davie hay at aberdeen in some form or another, an EXCELLENT youth coach, and knows grass roots better than most in our country. calderwood is already groomed in the managers role with JN but i think they need a few years before they learn the importance of how to hold a back line/offisde trap.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like facts as opposed to trying to look cool and knowledgeable in front of 17 year olds on the internet

*cough*

I didn't think anyone was having a pissing contest anyway?

I think there's enough 'facts' to keep us going from both sides as well.

*cough*

Wycombe 1-1 Chelsea and it wasn't a one sided affair really either.

Also, as a side point have a look sitting next to you and along the stands and can you honestly tell me that some of the scum and bell ends that go to SPL games have a better knowledge of football than me just because they go to 50 SPL games (whoop de fucking diddle anyway), as i'm someone who watches every Bayern game on the net and watches pretty much as much football as i can regardless of whose playing.

Christ you aren't half full of shit.

What do you see of the Scottish game though? Are you subscribed to every clubs pay TV?

Your average non old firm club gets a game on Setanta maybe twice or three times a season and it's not even worth mentioning the coverage they get on Scotsport SPL. Have you aquired your knowledge of Scottish football through reading papers or watching games??

The words of a true glory hunter.

Atleast Ross P supports a club.

And as for supporting Germany... Are you German?

Are you retarded? I support Dundee Utd and have done for as long as you've been alive.

I also support a German league club and have done since the early 90's when i started following German football in general which started after i saw Germany play in 1986, i've supported them ever since. Though quite why i have to justify that to you i don't know?

What do you see of the Scottish game though? Are you subscribed to every clubs pay TV?

Your average non old firm club gets a game on Setanta maybe twice or three times a season and it's not even worth mentioning the coverage they get on Scotsport SPL. Have you aquired your knowledge of Scottish football through reading papers or watching games??

What's your point? I watch a lot of free-games on online sites for free and YES Dundee Utd games are screened on them too. Just because you go to football games doesn't mean you know more about football than someone. If you think it does you're very narrowminded and potentially rather stupid ;)

A lot can be gleaned from reading stats and ratios and watching the full development of a game on tv as well as sitting on a seat singing sectarian songs and stuffing mince and mealie pies down your face while some fatty next to you is aimlessly trying to ref the game by pointing out that the actual ref needs glasses.

Go learn some facts before you start spouting off shite, you know nothing about my parentage or where i'm from either. If you want to fiddle about with my nationality in a football sense of the word i could, in theory, 'play' for about 4 national teams.

Are you retarded? I support Dundee Utd and have done for as long as you've been alive.

I didn't go to a special school, so I guess not. :up:

You also support Bayern Munich which makes you a glory hunter in my eyes.

What's your point? I watch a lot of free-games on online sites for free and YES Dundee Utd games are screened on them too. Just because you go to football games doesn't mean you know more about football than someone. If you think it does you're very narrowminded and potentially rather stupid ;)

That's not what I was getting at. Watching on the telly or from the stands, Ross P has likely seen more Scottish football this season than you have.

Go learn some facts before you start spouting off shite, you know nothing about my parentage or where i'm from either. If you want to fiddle about with my nationality in a football sense of the word i could, in theory, 'play' for about 4 national teams.

I didn't claim to know anything about your background. It was just meant as a genuine question. If you're uncomfortable answering my question then that's fine but I'm still interested. ?

I didn't go to a special school, so I guess not. :up:

You also support Bayern Munich which makes you a glory hunter in my eyes.

That's not what I was getting at. Watching on the telly or from the stands, Ross P has likely seen more Scottish football this season than you have.

I didn't claim to know anything about your background. It was just meant as a genuine question. If you're uncomfortable answering my question then that's fine but I'm still interested. ?

Retarded people can only go to special schools now, thats a bit prejudice isn't it?

Glory hunting requires you to be supporting only a team that wins the title, and Bayern have only one the title 8 times in the last 16 years. Making your point null and void really as we've had some completely disasterous seasons which surely a glory hunter would've jumped ship in and moved on to the next title winning team. Look the meaning of a term up before you use it with gay abandon next time ;)

He might know more about ICT than me, in fact he probably does, but i wouldn't think you could cast iron guarantee that he'd seen more scottish football than me.

I actually answered the question about why i supported Germany (if you actually read my post, which given that you've only entered the thread because Ross and Maxi have limited internet access and to give me a hard time, is not surprising) without broaching the subject of my nationaility. That should be all you need really ;)

Glory hunting requires you to be supporting only a team that wins the title, and Bayern have only one the title 8 times in the last 16 years.

Winning the title 8 times in 16 years, unless only one other team has won it in that time which I don't think is the case, would make them the most successful league team in Germany over that period. Most people would agree that glory hunters support the team that is the most successful regardless of geographical location or family history. For example Man Utd, Celtic, Rangers supporters who don't live in Manchester or Glasgow and have no links to either club but support these teams because they win the title more often than their rivals, like Bayern Munich have done over the last 16 years apparently.

Winning the title 8 times in 16 years, unless only one other team has won it in that time which I don't think is the case, would make them the most successful league team in Germany over that period. Most people would agree that glory hunters support the team that is the most successful regardless of geographical location or family history. For example Man Utd, Celtic, Rangers supporters who don't live in Manchester or Glasgow and have no links to either club but support these teams because they win the title more often than their rivals, like Bayern Munich have done over the last 16 years apparently.

Glory hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the third line of the definition and shut up eh?

I do notice that Bayern are on the list but the length of time i've been a supporter and through thick and thin rules me out of the equation.

Glory hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the third line of the definition and shut up eh?

Stop getting so defensive about this. You are a glory hunter, you just need to accept it and move on. :up: That line in the definition doesn't say "all glory hunters reguarly switch teams to support the currently successful one", it just says some do. Or at least that's how I read it.

The initial switch to supporting Bayern could be construed as when you jumped onto the bandwagon, the fact that you've stuck with them while they've only managed to win half the league titles in that time may be commendable but you're still a glory hunter.

The initial switch to supporting Bayern could be construed as when you jumped onto the bandwagon, the fact that you've stuck with them while they've only managed to win half the league titles in that time may be commendable but you're still a glory hunter.

It could also be construed that i started following German league football then and Bayern were the first team i saw play. I also got the club's history from my best mates dad, who was German- as was my best mate, and read that and liked it. A club steeped in history and all that.

As i've said before, financial reasons are the only thing stopping me from being there every week.

And, Chris, if we wanted to get funny about Glory Hunting. You would have started supporting Aberdeen during their 'Glory' years with them being one of the biggest and most successfull teams in Scotland during the 1980-1986 period. Making you a glory hunter by definition.

Ah but I'm from the area, Aberdeen are my local senior team (unless Stoney Juniors get bumped up sometime, but I think that's unlikely) and my Dad supports them, so that's 2 reasons for not being a glory hunter. Anyway I didn't start going to games till 93/94 and by that time our glory years were well over.

Excuse a brief on topic diversion, apparently McLeish is open to the prospect of becoming Scotland manager:

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | McLeish open-minded on Scots job

And Rangers have agreed compensation with the SFA over Smith.

Ah but I'm from the area, Aberdeen are my local senior team (unless Stoney Juniors get bumped up sometime, but I think that's unlikely) and my Dad supports them, so that's 2 reasons for not being a glory hunter. Anyway I didn't start going to games till 93/94 and by that time our glory years were well over.

Excuse a brief on topic diversion, apparently McLeish is open to the prospect of becoming Scotland manager:

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | McLeish open-minded on Scots job

And Rangers have agreed compensation with the SFA over Smith.

Cove Bay are your closest league team, playing in the Highland league, technically you should support them if we're being anal. So you are a glory hunter, accept it and move on ;) And Aberdeen just finished a 3/4 years stint of being the second best team in Scotland at the time you started going to games.....

Yeah, i noticed McLeish had said he was interested and the SFA have apparently managed to extract 400,000 out of Rangers.

And Aberdeen just finished a 3/4 years stint of being the second best team in Scotland at the time you started going to games.....

The word is finished. By the time I started going I just got 12 years of utter gash.

400,000 isn't bad but I still would have liked to see Rangers in court trying to say they didn't tap up the Scotland manager.

Cove Bay are your closest league team, playing in the Highland league, technically you should support them if we're being anal. So you are a glory hunter, accept it and move on ;) And Aberdeen just finished a 3/4 years stint of being the second best team in Scotland at the time you started going to games.....

Since we're being anal:

"Cove were formed in 1922 and played in the local amateur leagues until 1985"

Also, when did playing in the Highland League make you a league team.

The word is finished. By the time I started going I just got 12 years of utter gash.

400,000 isn't bad but I still would have liked to see Rangers in court trying to say they didn't tap up the Scotland manager.

Yeah, but that could've been the catalyst for you jumping on the bandwagon ;)

Anyhoo, i'm hooped if i'm going on about why i support who i do or don't. I love football and have done for over 20 years. I don't care who's playing, if there's a game on the telly i'll watch it over almost anything, i even watched the Aberdeen-Hibs match, and being an Arab even found myself wanting Aberdeen to win.

It's not a fight to see who's a better supporter in my opinion although to some of you it seems that is much more important than the game itself. If you feel you have to be on the terraces 'showing face' just to be a supporter of a club then that's fair enough but there are other ways of doing it.

Glory hunting aside, you guys have at least got an excuse if you balls up qualifying for Euro 2008, which lets face it you will balls it up. :laughing:

Yeah, Chris is 26, he would only really've been aware of football and supporting clubs(like most youngsters) when he started primary school (which would've been 1985).

I added the bit about Highland leagu not being part of the scottish league, must've been too slow for you.

I can just imagine Chris coming home from school on his first day "Sorry Dad, but after some consideration on the geography of the local area, and bearing in mind that Cove Rangers are not a junior side any more, I've decided to break with family tradition and support them."