aberdeen-music

Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers by "mutual consent"

Chris

Paul Lambert would be a good shout

Oh for god sake. Next you'll be suggesting Richard Gough, Charlie Christie and Craig Brewster!! This is the NATIONAL TEAM not a Coca Cola Diet Caffeine free sponsored League 2, or SPL relegation fodder team we are talking about.

I think i've coached longer than Paul Lambert o_O

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAllister i don't think would be suitable, he has no managerial experience whatsoever, but i guess that isn't always a drawback- fresh approach etc.

McLeish would be a disaster. And Levein is a no go ;)

McAllister was manager of Coventry for a while. He only resigned due to his wife's ill health.

McLeish wouldn't be a disaster. He's done pretty well at club level (7 trophy's at Ibrox, getting Hibs back up and keeping them there).

Levein would be alright but I don't think he'd leave 2 jobs after a matter of weeks.

No-one's mentioned Colin Hendry yet, have they?

Lets start being serious shall we? just naming ex players who have managed for less than a year, and done fuck all is not the way forward. Why don't we just go all out and put Stuart McCall in charge?

Lets put forward managers with European experience, and a proven track record of success.

Stuart Baxter perhaps?

Oh for god sake. Next you'll be suggesting Richard Gough, Charlie Christie and Craig Brewster!! This is the NATIONAL TEAM not a Coca Cola Diet Caffeine free sponsored League 2, or SPL relegation fodder team we are talking about.

I think i've coached longer than Paul Lambert o_O

Remind me, how many Champions League medals do you have. Or European coaching badges?

Remind me, how many Champions League medals do you have. Or European coaching badges?

Wow you are right, give him the job. Obviously experience as a manager counts for fuck all. John Barnes for next England manager then!! I heard he's played in some pretty big games *sigh*

Note i do recognise your 'other' national team had Jurgen Klinsmann as manager, and did all right. As did Holland with Marco van Basten. But both also managed to piss off a heap of players, press and fans; and in the end, again, did fuck all with their teams.

Didn't i say that in the first line of my original post? And he's also been very succesful at Wycombe employing more of a european style of play.

Yup you did, and it was correct. So why get annoyed when someone doesn't like him as an option?

The SFA would have to be utterly nuts to go for Lambert.

Didn't i say that in the first line of my original post? And he's also been very succesful at Wycombe employing more of a european style of play.

Tell you what. If Wycombe beat Chelsea tonight 1-0 then i'll consider that the same significance as Scotland beating France, and i'll say you were right.

If they get humped though, i'm sticking to my guns and saying it is an entirely ludicrous choice

I'd always be confident in Jimmy Calderwood

Canna ever see Scotland playing a 2-4-4!! He'd probably have Darren Fletcher playing full back, and Kris Boyd a sweeper.

Give Jimmy another few years to prove himself, but i'd still think guys like Jim Jeffries and Levein would be a more attractive prospect in a few years.

Wow you are right, give him the job. Obviously experience as a manager counts for fuck all. John Barnes for next England manager then!! I heard he's played in some pretty big games *sigh*

Note i do recognise your 'other' national team had Jurgen Klinsmann as manager, and did all right. As did Holland with Marco van Basten. But both also managed to piss off a heap of players, press and fans; and in the end, again, did fuck all with their teams.

Nae need to get your knickers in a knot wee man o_O

I pointed out an option, which last time i checked i'm allowed to do. I think he's got good potential as a manager in general. Not every manager is succesful with their first job. You just made a pointless statement about you being more qualified for the job than someone with 20 years of playing experience/current managerial experience/has won a major european trophy as a player and has lead a lower divison team into the semi-final of the carling cup to play chelsea (knocking out a few decent teams), which to be fair is a bullshit statement.

Whether he's suitable for a National managers job so early or not was something i picked up on myself.

Klinsmann led Germany to 3rd place in the World Cup with no managerial experience as well. That's hardly 'nothing'.

Do you actually follow real football or is that excuse for pish that ICT play up north as far as you get ;) (only meant in jest as i realise Dundee Utd are shite too)

Do you actually follow real football or is that excuse for pish that ICT play up north as far as you get ;) (only meant in jest as i realise Dundee Utd are shite too)

I'm not going to get into a discussion on what 'real football' is, as probably you think watching Barca v. Real on the telly results in someone having a better knowledge of football than those fans and coaches that go to their local football team's games come rain or shine.

I am an official member of the Scotland Supporters club who has made every home game for the last 5 years or so, and is currently in the process of booking a couple of away trips; i'd consider myself to have an avid interest in who the next manager of our team is. I'd also say that as i've seen at least 50 or so SPL games over the course of the last 3 and a half years, i'd think i have a better knowledge of scottish football than you. Not a dig, just a fact. I'd also consider that to be 'REAL' Football, as most of our national squad are plying their trade there

Obviously we disagree about alot of things regarding football, but thats life i suppose.

Just posting my opinion "which i'm allowed to do"

I'm not going to get into a discussion on what 'real football' is, as probably you think watching Barca v. Real on the telly results in someone having a better knowledge of football than those fans and coaches that go to their local football team's games come rain or shine.

I am an official member of the Scotland Supporters club who has made every home game for the last 5 years or so, and is currently in the process of booking a couple of away trips; i'd consider myself to have an avid interest in who the next manager of our team is. I'd also say that as i've seen at least 50 or so SPL games over the course of the last 3 and a half years, i'd think i have a better knowledge of scottish football than you. Not a dig, just a fact. I'd also consider that to be 'REAL' Football, as most of our national squad are plying their trade there

Obviously we disagree about alot of things regarding football, but thats life i suppose.

Aye i wasn't expecting an essay, i was only having a laugh relating to your scumdee post.

Chill out a wee bit eh?

Also, as a side point have a look sitting next to you and along the stands and can you honestly tell me that some of the scum and bell ends that go to SPL games have a better knowledge of football than me just because they go to 50 SPL games (whoop de fucking diddle anyway), as i'm someone who watches every Bayern game on the net and watches pretty much as much football as i can regardless of whose playing.

Christ you aren't half full of shit.

Also, as a side point have a look sitting next to you and along the stands and can you honestly tell me that some of the scum and bell ends that go to SPL games have a better knowledge of football than me just because they go to 50 SPL games (whoop de fucking diddle anyway), as i'm someone who watches every Bayern game on the net and watches pretty much as much football as i can regardless of whose playing.

Christ you aren't half full of shit.

:laughing:

what a tool

who cares how much knowledge you have?

knowledge is fine and well but it means fuck all if you arent out there on the terraces/clubshop etc supporting your team or country

i think that is pretty much the point he is making.

you dont even support scotland for christs sake, your team is GERMANY remember

---------------------------------------------

graham or brown would posibly be a good move, however, we have a reasonable amount of midfield and attacking skill that we havent had for years, it would be good to see a less defensively minded manger nuture the talent at hand and take a more positive attitude towards matches. i.e. go out and play attacking football. we simply cant afford to play these qualifiers with the hatches battoned down.

i think burley or mcleish would be a good next step.

:laughing:

what a tool

who cares how much knowledge you have?

knowledge is fine and well but it means fuck all if you arent out there on the terraces/clubshop etc supporting your team or country

i think that is pretty much the point he is making.

you dont even support scotland for christs sake, your team is GERMANY remember

---------------------------------------------

graham or brown would posibly be a good move, however, we have a reasonable amount of midfield and attacking skill that we havent had for years, it would be good to see a less defensively minded manger nuture the talent at hand and take a more positive attitude towards matches. i.e. go out and play attacking football. we simply cant afford to play these qualifiers with the hatches battoned down.

i think burley or mcleish would be a good next step.

:D

I wasn't the one saying i know lots about football? Where are you getting that from. I think you'll find Ross was the one waxing lyrical about his supposed knowledge of the game. Not all of us have well paid jobs or rich parents either so getting to games in Germany isn't always an option ;)

If you think that the only way that you can have knowledge of football is by going to a game then you're the fucking idiot that i've thought you are for a good long while, by definition. The whole point of going to a football game is to take in the atmosphere and watch the game from the team you're followings perspective. If you can honestly tell me that from the corner of the Dick Donald stand, or wherever, you can get a better idea of football tactics than you can from a 10 camera angled televisual perspective without some fat thug shouting obscenities beside you the you're even more of a fucking idiot.

As an example, There's a reason why manager's are sent to the stands when they've been misbehaving, to give the opposite team a tactical advantage as the manager can't survey the situations and relay tactical advice as easily.

Is Ross actually from Inverness? 'Cause if he isn't the he shoud really be supporting Elgin or Ellon or the such like by your rules of who one can/can't support.

I still follow Scotland because i was born here, so i've as much say as you :)

.........................................................................................................................

George Burley is a good call. Craig Brown is a backward step and i could only see him getting Colin Hendry to dust off his boots and bring in the old rear guard again.

If you think that the only way that you can have knowledge of football is by going to a game then you're the fucking idiot that i've thought you are for a good long while, by definition.

ahh very good, at no point did i say it was the be all and end all, i simply reckon your opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt in that you are an armchair football fan.

The whole point of going to a football game is to take in the atmosphere and watch the game from the team you're followings perspective. If you can honestly tell me that from the corner of the Dick Donald stand, or wherever, you can get a better idea of football tactics than you can from a 10 camera angled televisual perspective without some fat thug shouting obscenities beside you the you're even more of a fucking idiot.

no, the point of going to a game is to watch football and support your team. Actually go and encourage your team. you cant do that from a sofa. you are not a football manager and you probably will never be, getting an idea of fottball tactics is not why people watch football in stadiums (and to be honest you get a better view of whats going on across the whole pitch, as opposed to tv)

Is Ross actually from Inverness? 'Cause if he isn't the he shoud really be supporting Elgin or Ellon or the such like by your rules of who one can/can't support.

which rules?? i dont think i stipulated any rules anywhere, now whos the idiot?

Craig Brown is a backward step and i could only see him getting Colin Hendry to dust off his boots and bring in the old rear guard again.

i doubt that very much, he is very experienced, im sure he is a decent judge of ability and im sure he can see that there is a fair amount of talent/potential ability in the current squad. i cant see him choosng to ask players out of retirement and the like. but to be honest i cant see him getting the job. althoguh his tactics and record were excellent defesively he couldnt harness the finishing touch and couldnt kill teams off.

where craig brown excels is coaching, he is an excellent coach and highly regarded. it would be good to see him more involved with the squad, whether it be in an under 18/21 coaching capacity or full squad

ahh very good, at no point did i say it was the be all and end all, i simply reckon your opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt in that you are an armchair football fan.

no, the point of going to a game is to watch football and support your team. Actually go and encourage your team. you cant do that from a sofa. you are not a football manager and you probably will never be, getting an idea of fottball tactics is not why people watch football in stadiums (and to be honest you get a better view of whats going on across the whole pitch, as opposed to tv)

which rules?? i dont think i stipulated any rules anywhere, now whos the idiot?

i doubt that very much, he is very experienced, im sure he is a decent judge of ability and im sure he can see that there is a fair amount of talent/potential ability in the current squad. i cant see him choosng to ask players out of retirement and the like. but to be honest i cant see him getting the job. althoguh his tactics and record were excellent defesively he couldnt harness the finishing touch and couldnt kill teams off.

where craig brown excels is coaching, he is an excellent coach and highly regarded. it would be good to see him more involved with the squad, whether it be in an under 18/21 coaching capacity or full squad

As i've stated before if i had the financial means i would be in Germany every saturday/sunday watching Bayern. Finances don't stretch that far though. Doesn't make my opinion any less valid. I still see all their games, which is more than can be said for some Montrose fans that actually live in Scotland.

I like watching the way teams develop their strategies/gameplay in games and how tactics change throughout the game. So you missed the point of what i was saying. I know i'll never be a football manager, i never said i wanted to/thought i was going to be so what are you waffling on about.

In previous posts you'd complained about people not supporting the country they were born in, maybe not on this thread. Does that stretch to supporting the team of the town you were brought up in, because in this Europen age we're all part of the same 'area' so does it really matter who supports who. You also didn't answer my question, is Ross from actually Inverness, i mean you'll know being bum-chums n'all?

The Hendry thing was a bit of sarcasm Maxi, something i thought you'd be familiar with. But anyway, i agree he is experienced but like you mentioned in your first post i don't think he would have the attack minded nature that Scotlands current crop of international players are more comfortable playing. Gone are the days of big burly defenders, there's the speed and skill up front now and a midfield that's capable of putting passes where they're needed. Only mild worry is the wings but there's some younger players who need some more time (Burke, Riordan, Maloney, Smith etc) and some more work in those positions.

It might be interesting to see Brown, in a more senior role, along with a younger manager working together to build on the good foundations that Walter's layed down. It's a real shame he's left the set-up but at least you've got an excuse if you don't qualify for Euro 2008 :laughing:

Can we drop the pissing contest and get back on topic please? It doesn't matter who knows most about the game or how many times they go to a live match, this is a discussion forum and everyone's opinion is valid as long as they state it in a reasonable manner.