aberdeen-music

Paul Le Guen leaves Rangers by "mutual consent"

Chris

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, never happen. Rangers fans would want someone with experience of managing their club in European football competition (apologies if two J's were managing v. Hertha Berlin, as i was at that game but canna mind if they were in charge or Ebbe)

And yes i know Jimmy C was involved in Dutch football.

Although, that could be their avenue to getting Russell Anderson :popcorn:

Where's Souness nowadays??

McCoist was tempted at taking the Caley job before CC got it, and said he would've definitely taken it if Inverness was less than an hour outside Glasgow.

Thats it. My money is on McCoist. Going to try and find a bookie that'll take a £5 bet

So much for Sir David Murray backing PLG's decision to boot Ferguson!

Ferguson is obviously more important than the Rangers manager so maybe he should become player/manager!

More rumours are afoot that PLG instigated his own departure as he wants to join PSG as their new manager

Saw it coming a mile off, Murray couldn't publicly back Ferguson, so instead they make it look a mutual decision, I'm guessing Le Guen's getting a tasty compensation package and he's probably got that PSG tied up already as well.

I'd really dislike it Walter Smith went back, he's started doing some cracking work for Scotland and it'd be a massive disappointment to lose him. I can see them taking in someone like George Burley...

He is out of a job just now: Wikipedia says...

Souness recently flirted with the idea of succeeding Iain Dowie as manager of Crystal Palace. He was quoted as saying, "I have a lot of time for Simon Jordan and what he is doing at Crystal Palace. We get on. It is certainly something I would be interested in. I'm ready for another challenge and Palace is something that appeals should it arise." [5] However when Jordan offered Souness the job, Souness turned it down, reportedly because of family reasons.[6]

During the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Souness served as a panellist for RT Television's coverage of the tournament

Word has it that McCoist's gonna be involved with the Rangers job in some capacity, with possibly one or more other ex-huns thrown in for good measure.

For all Le Guen's faults (i.e. Sebo), everyone seems to have forgotten that he's done well in Europe with Rangers, albeit against mediocre opposition. Like McLeish before him, he's gotten too much stick from certain sections of the hun 'faithful'. Sure, the league's fucked this season, but it's still all to play for in terms of the Champions League place, Scottish Cup and UEFA Cup.