aberdeen-music

Celebrity Big Brother

Chris

Guest DustyDeviada
Have you seen the latest round of Michael Winner adverts ?

He's lost a ton of weight - still plug fucking ugly though o_O

Yes, but regardless of weight, he'll always be a big fat bastard to me, in spirit anyway.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year showed how pathetic the show was when the only non-celebrity got more votes than the actual 'celebs' to win it. It also goes to highlights what being a 'celebrity' involves these days and how little it takes to achieve what was once a rare social status.

The public's obsession with Reality TV - the only genre of TV show that isn't dropping in viewers - and all the losers that end up on it is worrying. Do people honestly have nothing better to do than watch a bunch of bums drink months of their life away in a shoe box every night?

(Note: this rant is mostly aimed at hardcore viewers, and people who read gossip mags)

Last year showed how pathetic the show was when the only non-celebrity got more votes than the actual 'celebs' to win it. It also goes to highlights what being a 'celebrity' involves these days and how little it takes to achieve what was once a rare social status.

The public's obsession with Reality TV - the only genre of TV show that isn't dropping in viewers - and all the losers that end up on it is worrying. Do people honestly have nothing better to do than watch a bunch of bums drink months of their life away in a shoe box every night?

(Note: this rant is mostly aimed at hardcore viewers, and people who read gossip mags)

Paul, you may have a posterior fashioned from coconuts, but you speak the truth.

It's beats me why folk would want to subject themselves to that "Reality" pish 24/7.

I wouldn't expect people to be gathering round the piano, pressing wild flowers or doing the Times crossword in the year 2007, but moan tae fuck peeps !!! there are far more interesting things to do in a day than watch a bunch of attention seek......ach, read my first post on this thread - says it all.

Reality TV = shite.

i just can't believe that big brother has eaten itself. Putting that goody twat back in, who qualifies for celebrity status only because she was in the show before. Guess the money and attention must of dried up from the last time round.

And her mum... what a knob. I just saw it for the first time since it started and her standoff with Shilpa made me want to throw my telly out the window in the hope it might damage her in some way.

God I hate big brother... especially as i only get reception on channel 4 and end up watching people sleep for most the night... gah.

Alleged racism in big brother house

I've not watched it in protest to Adam Ant not being in, but apparently Jo from S-Club, Jade fucking Goody and Danielle "disgraced Ms. U.K./I'm famous because Teddy Sheringham is pummeling me" Lloyd are "ganging up" on Shilpa. Is it as bad as the article makes out? 2,000 complaints about a TV show is quite alot.

CBB is a joke

"The caller was referred to Ofcom who will be dealing with all complaints of this nature."

The police investigation was announced on the day MP Keith Vaz tabled an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons criticising the treatment of Shetty.

Meanwhile, in a controversial 24 hours for the show, the chief executive of Carphone Warehouse said he is reviewing the firm's sponsorship of Celebrity Big Brother because of alleged racism in the house.

Charles Dunstone told The Times he was in talks with bosses at Channel 4 due to concerns about the treatment of Shetty.

Complaints began to flood in after Jade Goody, her mother Jackiey Budden, Jack Tweed, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara allegedly began bullying the Indian actress.

Jack was heard by viewers referring to Shilpa as a "Paki" behind her back, but producers have done nothing about it.

Ironically, Shilpa comes across as a really nice person.

Jade Goody= Is she a human? Fooled me!

Jackiey= Refused to call Shilpa by her name.

Jack Tweed= Ignorant cunt who called Shilpa a "Paki".

Danielle Lloyd= Not very bright.

Jo O'Meara= Made fun of Shilpa's accent behind her back. Funny considering she is now rough as fuck and has done nothing viable since Steps.

TV has stooped to a new low.

It has yet to be proved that anyone called anyone a "paki".

Every series of big brother since its inception has featured some sort of gang mentality, usually involving women against women, and usually incorporating ignorance, jealousy and having plenty of free time to bitch and moan.

AKM

Very much agreed.

people are still actually watching this thing?

Sadly, yes. What a pile of shite!

Tell you what, it scares the shit out of me that the actions of moronic non-entities like Jade Goody can cause runctions as high up as Parliament.

The lunatics are most definitely taking over the asylum.

What started out an interesting bit of fun (Big Brother in general) has turned into a national obsession.

On one programme, you have a freak-show collection of narcissitic nobodys, desparate for their 15-minutes (and beyond).

On the other, a bunch of has-beens and never-weres, equally desparate to cling onto or boost their diminishing celebrity status - some of whom have at best an extremely tenuous links to "fame".

And the whole thing is perpetuated by an irresponsible ratings/sales-at-all-costs driven media machine and an increasingly stupid public who seem happy to settle for less.

To quote Irvine Welsh - "It's a shite state of affairs"

And there's no end in sight :down:

Guest DustyDeviada
To quote Irvine Welsh - "It's a shite state of affairs"

In the last Irvine Welsh book one of the characters was pointing out how crap Heat magazine was, and the lassie that bought it says something like, "It's just a bit of fun, it's not going to change the world."

The other gut replies "It already has - for the worse." :up:

Can't say I've been watching Big Brother, but I'm loving the irony that Big Brother created Jade Goody's "career" and Big Brother's going to take it away again.

Tempted to vote for the first time everto get her out, would be great to see the look on her face when she exits the house to a huge chorus of boos.

Oh, and I bet Sheringham dumps Danielle, he's not going to want that kind of publicity.

Jade Goody online forum

It's like the old wastelan; some fantastic reading on there at the moment. It's a total free-for-all between self-confessed comedians and true Jade fans... absolutely brilliant.

"Jade's children should be handed over to Ian Huntley: for their own safety"

"EYE CUN NOT BALIEVE HOW JAYLEOUS U ALL R! SHE IZ A TOTEAL SUKSEZ AND EVREAYONE IZ TAEKIN THE PISS."