aberdeen-music

How do you get a gig in Paris?

Hog

Im off to Paris in Feb and would like to play a gig or two. Any suggestions? I have no idea where to look. It doesn't help that some websites I have visited are in French (I studied standard grade French about 13 years ago)

Most of the gigs seem to be Jazz based

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Heck, it works for our more middle class members on this website...

Huh? Stumped me on this one, Clyde. Don't be micey, tell us who you're referring to.

I would say who I was referring to, but personal attacks aren't allowed on here.

The person in question has (so I'm told) made a big show in the past out of telling anyone and everyone that'll listen about how much he loathes me though, even though he won't say boo to my face :)

I would say who I was referring to, but personal attacks aren't allowed on here.

Trying to be a smartarse about it doesn't prevent it from being a personal attack. Your comment was cheap, entirely unprovoked and irrelevant to this thread. If you have a problem with someone, don't hijack a thread to air it. If Mr Hog wishes I will delete all traces of this from his thread, or we could leave it as an example of how not to contribute to this site.

Trying to be a smartarse about it doesn't prevent it from being a personal attack. Your comment was cheap, entirely unprovoked and irrelevant to this thread. If you have a problem with someone, don't hijack a thread to air it. If Mr Hog wishes I will delete all traces of this from his thread, or we could leave it as an example of how not to contribute to this site.

I honestly dont mind Frosty, its up to you. Only on Ab-music can we get a thread about Acoustic music which then ends up about levels of class within the local crust scene.:laughing:

But yeah........ Paris hehe:up:

Emailed 4 Myspace acoustic people who are based in Paris and not one respoonse. They are about as much help as a fart in a spacesuit.:down:

To be fair, think about all the random messages/add requests you get from other bands/people - most people ignore them!

some links I found

http://parisvoice.com/?fuseaction=Article.Article&A=229&cat_id=38

from time out's website...

35. Catch Camdenon the Seine

A grungy antidote to stuffy Parisian chic, the Pop In is a little bit of Camden in the 11th arrondissement. Its a labyrinthine bar and live venue that gets packed to the rafters on most nights and regularly hosts various bands, DJs and open-mic nights. The music and fashion crowd that fills this place is quite international: expect Swedes and Brits as well as bona fide Parisians. The couple who run the place are friendly and committed to their loyal punters. If you dare to venture down to the Pop Ins tiny basement dance floor, be prepared for a sweaty session.

Pop In, 105 rue Amelot, 11th (00 33 1 48 05 56 11) Mtro St-Sbastien Froissart. Open Tue-Sun 6.30pm-1.30am.

To be fair, think about all the random messages/add requests you get from other bands/people - most people ignore them!

some links I found

http://parisvoice.com/?fuseaction=Article.Article&A=229&cat_id=38

from time out's website...

35. Catch Camdenon the Seine

A grungy antidote to stuffy Parisian chic, the Pop In is a little bit of Camden in the 11th arrondissement. Its a labyrinthine bar and live venue that gets packed to the rafters on most nights and regularly hosts various bands, DJs and open-mic nights. The music and fashion crowd that fills this place is quite international: expect Swedes and Brits as well as bona fide Parisians. The couple who run the place are friendly and committed to their loyal punters. If you dare to venture down to the Pop Ins tiny basement dance floor, be prepared for a sweaty session.

Pop In, 105 rue Amelot, 11th (00 33 1 48 05 56 11) Mtro St-Sbastien Froissart. Open Tue-Sun 6.30pm-1.30am.

Very true Scott.

Thanks for that link though man, awesome:up: