aberdeen-music

anyone got any guitar effects pedals for sale?...

scottST

I've got one. It's okay, but I prefer my Hotcake. I always think the Big Muff adds something to the signal even when it's switched off. I also like the Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Distortion, it's great VFM coz it's two pedals in one box.

If you want to spend a bit more try a MoonRock HOME Great sounds but depends a lot on yout playing style. Cooler than a bag of Fox's Glacier Mints.

If you like to sail in a sea of monstrous stoner mud, you'll like Big Muffs. They're not so good for traditional distortion or palm muted stuff. I've owned both Russian and USA models and found them to be quite unreliable but the build quality on the new "little Big Muff" ones looks better.

The Hotcake is amazing, I've had one for 6 years and it's one of my favourite pedals but they're really temperamental about what amp you use (they're designed for Vox amps Bri! :up: ). I also have a Keeley Compressor which kicks the seven shades of shit out of my old RI MXR dynacomp. I've heard really good things about the modded stuff as well. It might be worth shopping on eBay - Robert Keeley has a store that has much cheaper prices than what you'd pay over here.

If you like to sail in a sea of monstrous stoner mud, you'll like Big Muffs. They're not so good for traditional distortion or palm muted stuff. I've owned both Russian and USA models and found them to be quite unreliable but the build quality on the new "little Big Muff" ones looks better.

The Hotcake is amazing, I've had one for 6 years and it's one of my favourite pedals but they're really temperamental about what amp you use (they're designed for Vox amps Bri! :up: ). I also have a Keeley Compressor which kicks the seven shades of shit out of my old RI MXR dynacomp. I've heard really good things about the modded stuff as well. It might be worth shopping on eBay - Robert Keeley has a store that has much cheaper prices than what you'd pay over here.

"The Hotcake is amazing, I've had one for 6 years and it's one of my favourite pedals but they're really temperamental about what amp you use (they're designed for Vox amps Bri! :up: ). "

That's amazing. I thought I was the only one to hear that with my Marshalls. As you say, no problem with the vox though.

Aye nae bother....would you also like me to get you the Holy Grail as well.

Joking aside, I dinna ken far it's at noo. The last I saw it was in Balmedie, but I know the guy sold it from there. He cleaned it up and took out the MHG bit (no accounting for taste - I liked it, in fact it was a bit like Dave Hill's 'Super Yob' guitar)

Gee it was too many years ago.?(

Oh! and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

nearly forgot about that!

Guest lime ruined my life

i always think its worth noting that a lot of the keeley clone stuff comes directly from here tonepad -- a resource for d.i.y. music projects

imo he charges a lot considering he's done no "work" other than the actual build, his "mods" are also somewhat controversial, a lot of them apeared on stompbox diy message boards years before. Having said that, his build quality is high, if i had the money and i wanted one of the clones he does, i'd proably buy it. it doesnt stop me feeling bitter though.

well what i'm looking for is something just to add a bit of beef. i mean the amp has distortion, its just for something a bit different....

set up is :

gibson sg --> korg tuner pedal -->digitech whammy -->boss dd6 --> hiwatt halfstack.

i do fancy a phase shifter, i tried the small stone and the mxr 90 and i'm none too keen on either...

also, should i get a compressor, or even an envelope filter, because i'm using all of these pedals...?

well what i'm looking for is something just to add a bit of beef. i mean the amp has distortion, its just for something a bit different....

set up is :

gibson sg --> korg tuner pedal -->digitech whammy -->boss dd6 --> hiwatt halfstack.

i do fancy a phase shifter, i tried the small stone and the mxr 90 and i'm none too keen on either...

also, should i get a compressor, or even an envelope filter, because i'm using all of these pedals...?

is it one of the old hiwatts or the new builds??

hey bri

do you think he'd sell it?

It's like I said he sold it. He put an add in the paper and someone came and bought it. It was 15 years ago min! You should be able to pick one another up no problem though. Or does it have to be that one? I wouldn't care, I hardly ever sale on guitars, that's way I seem to have tooooo much of the buggers. TBH I have talked several time about it to the guy I sold it to, but he can't remember who he sold it to. All he ever says is "That was a nice guitar after I got rid of that gagging paint job" So there you have it Tickets.

I have a epi sg with stonking pick ups in it if you what to try that out.:up:

I dislike phasers/flangers as well for the same reasons but LOVE Univibe-type phasers, as used by late-era Hendrix. They have a totally different sound. The wee Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato comes close.