aberdeen-music

Cinema snoozing...

Paulscoconutass

Article

By looking at the big films due for release this summer does anyone else think that Hollywood just might be running out of fresh ideas?

Rocky VI

Spiderman 3

Haloween

Hannibal Rising

Mr Bean 2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Hills Have Eyes II

Shrek 3

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Harry Pooter 5

Simpson: the movie

Fantastic 4

Bourne something else

Die Hard 4

I hope there's still room for some original surprises.

Article

Rocky VI

Spiderman 3

Haloween

Hannibal Rising

Mr Bean 2

Hills Have Eyes II

Shrek 3

Harry Pooter 5

Fantastic 4

Bourne something else

Die Hard 4

I seen Rocky, it's ok-ish!! I take heart in the fact that he aint doing any more. He'll probably try a Rambo comback!

But yeah, Hollywood just seem to be throwing crap into the blender and letting it come out in the cinemas.

*ahem*

Rambo IV: Pearl of The Cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's directed, produced, written and starring Stallone. Oh dear.

oh my fucking god. This is pathetic.

Origins & various plot ideas

• In 2002, Stallone came up with the idea of making the fourth Rambo movie, with Rambo going back to Afghanistan to hunt down Osama Bin Laden. This idea was later scrapped for a less socially unnerving plot.

Article

By looking at the big films due for release this summer does anyone else think that Hollywood just might be running out of fresh ideas?

Rocky VI

Spiderman 3

Haloween

Hannibal Rising

Mr Bean 2

Hills Have Eyes II

Shrek 3

Harry Pooter 5

Fantastic 4

Bourne something else

Die Hard 4

Not To mention the Will Smith 'Omega Man' remake, Rush Hour 3, Nancy Drew, Evan Almighty, Day of the Daead remake, Hitcher remake and Ocean's 13. Still, should be a good summer for half-decent blockbusters...

hollywood cinema's been in decline for quite a while now.

i haven't been to the cinema since star wars episode3 and I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks it's a complete waste of money. even if you do manage to get tickets for a reasonable price you get charged ridiculous prices for food and drinks. Granted it's not the cinema's fault that they have to charge so much but that doesn't make it any less of a piss take.

I'll probably watch most of those films, except it'll be on DVD in the comfort of my own home, with no little wankers making a noise throughout and I'll still be able to go for a few pints with the money I have left over from the rental.

Digital Cinema - where the cinemas download films from a studio and they are screened through digital projectors - is supposed to be sweeping in this year, if this is the case cinema prices should be slashed.

I'm with Mr Lucifer in believing that some films have to bee seen, and heard, in a proper theater to be fully appreciated, however it's these massive blockbusters that are turning shite and lacking originality.

Guest DustyDeviada

Bah, I thought this thread was about falling asleep in the cinema.

Anybody ever fallen asleep during a film? I fell asleep during Shallow Grave (I was drunk, a shame, because it's an ace film.) Also fell asleep during Eddie Izzard at The Capitol (drunk again).

Would you not agree that some movies *have* to be seen on the big screen for the full cinematic experience?

on odd occasion i'd agree that being in the cinema can add to the experience of watching a great film but i'm quite happy to watch a dvd on a decent quality cd with decent speakers. i can see how some people do prefer the cinema experience though, kinda adds to the spectacle I guess.

Bah, I thought this thread was about falling asleep in the cinema.

Anybody ever fallen asleep during a film? I fell asleep during Shallow Grave (I was drunk, a shame, because it's an ace film.) Also fell asleep during Eddie Izzard at The Capitol (drunk again).

I dozed off after going to see "Bad Leutenant" when I was pissed a few years ago - all I could remember was Harvey Keitel taking drugs and wanking over two girls he's pulled over in their car and a lot of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir on the soundtrack.

Wasn't half as good when I saw it on video sober:down:

To get back on topic - the summer blockbuster slate does seem to indicate a dearth of ideas from tinseltown but isn't that always the way? If you're prepared to scratch a little deeper beneath the surface there are lots of quality flicks out there. We, the audience are at least partly responsible for lining up in droves to see some of the pish that hollywood serves up thus convincing the studios we want more of the same.

I would have to put myself in the "see it on the big screen" camp. I have a widescreen telly and all surround sound bits which is nice but still doesn't beat the thrill of seeing a film on a massive screen.

As for food and drink prices... don't buy the overpriced shit, simple as that. If you really must eat and drink (personally I find the rustle of sweetie papers, slurping on yer mega cola and stink of nachos and hotdogs to be almost as annoying as mobile phone shenanigans!) then bring your own. If you go to Cineworld it don't take five minutes to nip into Asda and pick up some tasty treats:popcorn: