aberdeen-music

Awesome Article on Enter Shikari.

bladeola

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i can't fucking stand them but you can't knock their business plan for a second - when they've achieved all they have without a major deal, why the fuck should they present their posteriors and get shafted by the man now? smart dudes :thumbsup:

Only because you have seen them play when they weren't that well known and now you are seeing them blow up.

Or maybe because what they're doing isn't as spectacular and original as the press are making out?

Besides Camie's an avid gig-goer, I'm sure he's seen ES since they started 'blowing up'...

Or maybe because what they're doing isn't as spectacular and original as the press are making out?

Besides Camie's an avid gig-goer, I'm sure he's seen ES since they started 'blowing up'...

Yeah...err like Phil said. That's why Camie finds it strange...he has seen them play a few times here before the hype REALLY kicked in.

It's the usual bad apples from the usual suspects anyway. Boo fucking Hoo! :sleeping:

Oh yeah, I forgot, Kaddish are like so much more deserving of the attention huh? L O Fucking L!

Yeah...err like Phil said. That's why Camie finds it strange...he has seen them play a few times here before the hype REALLY kicked in.

It's the usual bad apples from the usual suspects anyway. Boo fucking Hoo! :sleeping:

Oh yeah, I forgot, Kaddish are like so much more deserving of the attention huh? L O Fucking L!

but psydoll said that camie's probably seen them since they started 'blowing up'

Bleeps and claps and "different" lyrics. Oh the devastating quirkiness.

I admire the DIY thing but their songs and the hype that surrounds them despite the fact that they're nothing more than average (they don't do either of the two awkwardly stuck together genres very well I don't think) just irritate me.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Bleeps and claps and "different" lyrics. Oh the devastating quirkiness.

I admire the DIY thing but their songs and the hype that surrounds them despite the fact that they're nothing more than average (they don't do either of the two awkwardly stuck together genres very well I don't think) just irritate me.

what you mean is they are pish? i certainly thought so.

constructive criticism in this case is pointless,

everybody say what you mean.............

total pish/

actually, in hindsight this might seem vindictive-

can i clearly state i listen to my minds weapon without laughing and i really dislike the nintendo grind band this thread discusses, just in case bladey gets annoyed...

• Upvote 1

in what way are enter shikari even REMOTLEY nintendo... i can understand : ( being called that, but not ES...

im glad the guys are doing well, ive seen them countless times and they get better and better everytime, good on them for the whole DIY thing, it seems to be working very well for htem.

I rate them, I think they're quality, but I'm mates with them so I'm probably a bit bias.

I think they're clever, loads of 'different' hooks that stray from the norm, and live they're getting pretty fearsome. They're also the hardest working band I've had the pleasure of working with. They'll go any distance to play any venue to any amount of people for any fee, and they've built a giant following through playing shows with no help from anyone.

I think it's going to turn out to be a fucking huge thing for music and the music industry once the record comes out and it inevitably kills it in terms of record sales and popularity. Biggest band in the country this year I can see, long may it continue.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Kaddish are like so much more deserving of the attention huh?

Nah, Kaddish aren't worth a piss. Can't comment on ES, never heard them, but the article was funny.

My point was more that they've been getting hyped for ages, I'm pretty sure that Camie's seen them before and after people started reading about them (although I could be wrong) hence I interpreted his post as meaning it's a not that spectacular band getting big places. He could've have just as easily meant what you interpreted it as but would he find it surprising they were getting noticed if he thought they were that amazing?

I'd hardly call it bad apples on my part if that was directed at me, in my opinion they're just not that startling. Also Kaddish? Whit?

I think Kaddish are better, and probabaly are more worthy of the attention.

But they barely get any, so your point was void.

ooooooh watch out dave, you have entered a different opinion to his. he will start his greetin and angry responses

who shot jfk

edit - im sure that enter shikari are a better band than kaddish, but, to me, enter shikaris music is fucking garbage and kaddish music is great.