aberdeen-music

What's your plans for 2007?

Guest Craig C

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

join a football team, reclaim the magic that helped me win Kittybrewster Primary School Player Of The Year, sign pro for the Dons in time for the 2007/2008 season and score a hat-trick on my debut to fire them into Champions League proper.

i'd settle for just joining a team and losing the beer belly.

i need to finish my business plan and work out what direction i want to take my photography. hold an exhibition and try and set up properly as a professional photographer and get out of office temp hell.

incidentally if anyone would like to assist getting me out of office temp hell and offer me a job then that would be great. i'm a creative individual with excellent customer service skills and i can learn and use most compuer packages pretty quickly as well as already being proficient in photoshop and most office packages. i dabble in dreamweaver, cool edit, premier, quark and a number of other creative packages. i have an hnd in professional photography and imaging. :D

i also need to start planning my wedding seriously and we need to come up with a plan of action for kartta for the next year as well.

at some point i'd also like to put the violin that i got for my birthday to good use.

Vocals for me please Jennifer.

The last time I sang in public, the crowd went mental and I thought they were shouting "More, More!" when in fact they were shouting "Door, Door!"

Will give you a call soon - when are you reopening?

We open again on Thursday 4th. If there's no one one the desk then the phone will go onto answerphone but please do leave a message and I'll call you back when I finish teaching.

Looking forward to hearing your voice !

Cheers

Jennifer

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Same as 2006, really:

Release SPD and Bastard Squad CDr's.

Become an unshiftable first pick for the White Horse pool team.

Drink.

Meet someone worth my time, failing that slut around some more.

Not give up smoking.

Bowl someone for a duck at Air Cricket.

Acquire the Agathocles/Nasum split 7".

Try not to show so many yellow cards.

Not go the same way as Gus Chamber.

Mmm, in short:

Have Popcorn Fiend gigging (hopefully by April/May)

Release more I Am Subsisty CDs (first release almost ready...)

Finish book I'm writing

Take my journalism career more in the direction I'm after

Do some more interviews with groovy bands (the Klaxons next, hopefully)

Maybe do some poster designs with a friend

Get SLR camera and start taking groovy photos

Try and keep fit...

Worrying a few people plan to tidy their flats in 2007.

Is it something they forgot to do in 2006? :-)

I also noticed that. Surely tidying is something you do when it gets messy? Or you tidy to prevent it getting messy....? Hmmm. I got bored the other day and shifted all my chairs and sofa and stuff so that I could mop my living room floor. It wasn't even dirty. Madness.

Guest bluesxman

Finish decorating nursery.

Buy carpets for nursery/hall.

Buy furniture for nursery.

Become a Dad.

Try to be a good Dad.

Get front/back gardens looking like gardens rather than concrete slabbed monstrosities.

Lose weight.

Find time to play in a band/play in a pool team/make golf club fees worth paying by playing enough golf.

It's going to be a busy and expensive year....

Guest bluesxman
Can you not just say that they're modern art installations?

Well that would be fine if the idiot's who laid the slabs had done it properly and put sheeting underneath so I'm not continually having to deal with all the weeds growing between them...plus the fact that young head + concrete usually = disaster....preparation and also home inprovement. Going to have to fork out for someone to come and do it all though it's way beyond my skill/interest sustainment/time to do it level...

Guest bluesxman
I have horrific memories of assisting my dad with laying my parents patio (which is sheer perfection as my dad's an obsessive engineer).

It's not fun and is back breaking work, taking up a shitty old patio also sounds like my idea of hell.

Basically, I second your thought to get someone else to do it.

It's not just a patio, the whole front garden is paved, I would guess about 20 slabs, and the back garden is also fully paved, must be double the slabs in the front. There is also a concrete raised flower bed monstrosity in the middle that needs knocked down, along with a summer house thing that was badly put together and treated so it's falling to bits to dismantle and bin. Will need a new shed built. The fence at the end is falling to bits. I want a lawn laid. Way too much for me. It's going to be financially crippling I feel.

My drive is in a shocking state as well but that will have to wait.

So basically I third your thought :up: