aberdeen-music

Bassist dying for a band!

bobbassguy

I was at home in Hellgin (Elgin o_O) over Christmas, and went to a gig, where my friend's band let me play bass on their final song, because their bassist was off to get wankered. Anyway, it left me with the _thirst_ to get playing live again, and I'm needing musicians to co-write some rocking material with!

I'm a bassist of 6 years, with 4 years of band experience, and live experience. I'm mainly influenced by rock and metal like Alice in Chains, Pantera, Metallica and Tool, but I love many other bands too, ranging from DragonForce to the Smashing Pumpkins. I'm fairly versatile and can handle different styles, and am interested to hook up with like-minded musicians.

The plan is to have a fully original set. Maybe one or two covers, but I'd prefer to keep that minimal, as my last band was heavily cover-oriented, and though it was very fun playing covers, it begins to get repetitive, and not creatively-rewarding! For me, personally, at least!

If anyone (drummers, guitarists, singers) is interested, don't hesitate to get in contact!

:up:

Actually I'm living in Aberdeen, I was just 'home' home in Elgin over Christmas, is all. What sort of stuff do you play?

Well, ask anyone that knows me and im a Metallica-head, but I like other stuff to, Iron Maiden,Trivium etc, and some not so heavy stuff -Yellowcard/Alter Bridge/Switchfoot and the like.

Not the most varied style, but not totally narrow minded :)

Interested

Hey man - I might be interested to get involved if your still looking?

Been playing guitar for about 8-10 years (acoustic mainly) and been playing a lot more electric over the last year or 2. I'm more a rythme guitarist, although I'm trying to get more into playing lead.

Let me know if your interested.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

hey man awesome!

i see you are looking for a band my friend?

thats uber-cool we are on the hunt for bassists so you seem ideal, we are a new band but we are mainly focused on our own material, no covers as of yet but maybe in the future but not for now!

we so far have 2 guitarists and lead singer ( me ), and if you are interested in a jam give me a shout on GNRkicksass@AOL.com or you can ring me on 07775638836.

Im ryan, and im influenced by Queen, Guns n Roses, Metallica, Slipknot, Vain, and allsorts really lol, the main guitarist joe is influenced by Indie music and likes of Radiohead so as you can tell there is a massive difference in tastes, but thats what we looking for so we have many avenues to have a crack at.

anyways enough of the ramblin, get in touch dude, you seem to be exactly what we are looking for man

peace :up: