aberdeen-music

Recommend me a bass

Guest Gasss

I hope that someone can help me as I know very little about basses.

I'm looking for a bass guitar to record with and have a budget of about 200 - 300. I need something which is a good all rounder and can be passive or active (as long as the pickups are quiet and have reasonable output). It has to have an even response throughout its range without any dead spots on the neck. I play both fingerstyle and with a pick and don't slap! As it's for recording, I don't want to shell out for fancy flamed tops or cosmetics.

At the moment I'm looking at the Warwick Rockbass range but is there anything better out there?

True Spoonie - Nae bad for the cash.... :up:

I used to have a Westone Thunderbass - it was pretty darn good, especially in the studio, could be set to passive or active and had a built in pre-amp.... Got it out of a pawn shop for £40, sold it for £150 a couple of years back.... Nice bass though, maybe you should look on E-bay for one of those?

But at the end of the day, everyone likes something a bitty diffrent, and buying guitars off t'interweb is a hit and miss affair... I've bought a few, a couple of them I love, but I've wasted more on ones I've hated...... At least you ccan always sell it on again I spose! :)

those anniversary japanese fender p-bass/jazz bass are quite nice althoguh it may be more expensive you could probably pick one up for 350 second hand

some fo the schecter bass guitars are quite nice if you are after a big low end tone, although they tend to be very 1 dimensional.

cant go wrong with the yamaha ones, great for the money and i think someone mentioend that they go reasonably cheap second hand

Guest lime ruined my life
i can't look at ebay from work. how much is the rockbass going for because you can usually get a genuine warwick streamer for about 250 second hand.

/x

The only non-rockbass Streamer in my price range I can find is 280 and collection only. All the other ones are >$1000.

I decided to go for the Tokai but it is now sold!

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

Cheers man.

I went into Bruce Millers and put a BB614 head to head with a Warwick Rockbass Corvette, expecting to walk away with the BB. The Yamaha felt super solid and sounded a lot (to my inexpert ears) like a Stingray but the Corvette had such a sexy slim neck and woody tone that I went for that instead. I never really got on with the wide/shallow necks on the Yamaha RBX series and the BB was kinda the same.

I could have got a better price online but I got good service so I'm pretty happy.

Thanks all.

:up:

you cant go wrong with an ibanez or yamaha

I hope that someone can help me as I know very little about basses.

I'm looking for a bass guitar to record with and have a budget of about 200 - 300. I need something which is a good all rounder and can be passive or active (as long as the pickups are quiet and have reasonable output). It has to have an even response throughout its range without any dead spots on the neck. I play both fingerstyle and with a pick and don't slap! As it's for recording, I don't want to shell out for fancy flamed tops or cosmetics.

At the moment I'm looking at the Warwick Rockbass range but is there anything better out there?